Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
After testing more snorkels then I dare mention!!
I've might have found a winner 5.2 Paxton with dual injectors. How nice would an alky mixture be into intake?
This is just a test of the new tag feature.
Gary is the mega tag working properly? opelgt.com is not showing up in the search engines.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Dan,

Is this an alternative to the Redline Weber adapter? Can you share more on the various things you've tried in this area?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Matt

I started with a K&N adapter setup. How that relates to the Redline I don't know.They said it "measured 2.5 inches oval shaped" And it does at the widest spot. But it killed the engine by atleast 15 h/p seat of the pants measurement. So I started cutting up the K&N when a friend walked by and asked "what are you doing?" . After I told him He said "I think I've got something you'll be interested in"
So in a nut shell..
Base adapter 5.125 or you can go with the 5.250 with a simple change on the bonnet.
What has happened is after only after month the tune has changed. Which was expected temp changes even only 15 degrees can lead to spark knock.
So now I'm thinking about foging the intake with a charge of alky to lower the IAT for the summer months.
BTW this info well be very needed for the EFI conversion.
Or I might be so pleased with the bigger carbs that I won't change the fuel system.
I'm planning more changes to the carb but cant start on them before next week. Dang car shows messing up my fun!!
There was other disasters! That I will not go into.. about the intake adapters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts