Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
interesting?

I always look over Ebay, under "Opel" and when an ad about a complete car pops up, I usually don't give it a look unless it's a real nice GT/Manta/Ascona/Kadett. Well this one I just about passed over, till I happen to see the pic of the engine compartment. See if this doesn't grab your attention.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=7963752851&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
This seller also has a nice set of seats too, has a neat Blitz emblem embroidered at the top.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=7963752853&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Very interesting indeed Gene. Wonder what's in the motor to back them up? Nice seats too. Not too far from you either. Don't you need another one? :D Jarrell

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Gene,

OMG, that eng looks great!! I wonder what and why he is selling it!!

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rick;
It's just another "project" that's not going to get done, and someone needs to clear out their garage/shop.
Gene

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jarrell;
I was wondering the same thing too.... 10:1 + pistons? Big valves? Hmmm.... :confused:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I will give him a call and see if I can see the car. Cummings is straight up 400 from were I work (sorta on the way home) ;). If anybody here wants a second option on the car I will give an opinion on it.

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Rant mode on...

I just love those sellers that think the world ends at the US border.... :mad:

(Rant off...where 's my coffee?)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Rionart said:

If you want to bid, I am sure you could make arrangements for someone down here to make the arrangements to ship it north..

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
Rionart said:

it does so dont go past it or you end up in the states :D

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
benncojr said:
If you want to bid, I am sure you could make arrangements for someone down here to make the arrangements to ship it north..

Noooooo....don't be tempting me....like I need ANOTHER project.....that's why Iwould never bring an empty trailer to Carlisle....something would leap onto it when I wasn't looking.... :eek:

Baz, got your flak jacket handy...I sense incoming...... :p

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,546 Posts
What it that "thing" mounted above the rear view mirror?

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
I guess this person wasn't worried about heat. The heater line goes from the waterpump to the thermostat :confused: I guess with the carb setup, the lines had to be disconnected.

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
yellaopelgt;
I's a trip computer. I used to have one in my D-50. It gives you all the info you need about your trip, as well as a cruise control.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Did you notice the gaskets on the glass? Lenses look real good. Wonder how that glass is under the grime. And the engine ... . Arrrgh. Like we can handle another one when Dan is thinking about one down the road. Sigh.

·
Opel Addict Since 73
358 Posts
What you REALLY need is A/C

jlthunder said:
I guess this person wasn't worried about heat. The heater line goes from the waterpump to the thermostat :confused: I guess with the carb setup, the lines had to be disconnected.
Who needs heat in Jawja!!!?????

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
scott ive seen it get down to the 50's when ive been there :) and i almost wet myself when i found quilted bodywarmers in florida

·
Registered
616 Posts
hmm, now what do you think the chances are i can talk my dad into letting my borrow his van and trailer, let me take them to gorgia and steal some more opel space in his front field when i get back? ahh, i can dream can't i...

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
brendan my dear lady is asking me how much to ship home to here
i have a little more to go than you
but she is becoming more of a fan that me
lets see i know i can get 16 cars in our back yard but its ok i can shop here for them , wonder if she likes manta "b"'s to i must ask :D well maybe i will get 1 and see first

1 - 20 of 41 Posts