Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Trying to install the interior light and wondering: 1) Is the switch up towards the headliner or down towards the floor? 2) Where I have the awl there are two holes, guessing either will work. Is that hole the front of the bracket or the back? The wires do not seem to go up easy, is there a hole for them?

P.S. There was a lot of CAT Food stashed in the headliner. It does not take a big hole for mice to make a big mess.

Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
863 Posts
Up, towards the headliner.

You are lucky you only found catfood. When I received my Triumph Spitfire years ago, all of the stuffing from one of the seatbacks was inside the passenger door -- Mouse McMansion. There was a hole in the middle of the seatback about the size of a nickel.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Larry, towards the roof is correct, but because it has only two screws holding it in place, you could go either way. I don't think it would make any difference other than personal preferences.

Bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I want to go original so the switch will be up. Does the screw under the switch go in the hole marked with the scratch awl? I'm not sure which direction the assembly attaches because I only see one hole. A picture would be best.

-Larry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob,

Thanks for your help and the picture. I did not want to do it twice as the headliner looks new. Now to get it working. I like your LED bulb. :veryhappy

Thanks again to all,
Larry

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts