Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
International Opel Festival June 13, 2015 Perris, CA, USA
Hey folks, people have been asking about seeing pictures from our past Opel meets here in Perris so we started digging up some photos. We found a few from the past meets and we will be posting plenty more on Opel Enthusiast Club on Facebook. If you all have some you are welcome to post them there too.

Can't wait to see you all there in just under 8 weeks. Our new Sales Display is absolutely the largest one ever, with over 80 new products added this year alone. And absolutely the best price savings on every part. Since Opels Unlimited is bulk buying, direct importing or personally manufacturing all Opel parts nowadays, the savings passed directly on to the customer is the largest it's ever been.

From good food to great music to even the solex shot put and clutch discus throw, many cash prizes and giveaways will be presented throughout the day. If you can drive your Opel that's great. If you want to bring your toy on a trailer, there is plenty of parking for everyone. If your Opel can't make it and you can, well that's just great too. The more the merrier at an Opel Picnic and Car Show.

We appreciate all of you and your support for this really fun annual event. Sunny Southern CA will be perfect in June. Call 562-690-1051 for details if you don't know how to get here. Also, a really great local Hotel is available. With only 10 more rooms left, we suggest you get your reservation in early.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
International Opel Festival and Picnic Just 6 weeks Away

Hey folks, here are some more pictures from some of our past picnics and festivals held here at the Manor in Perris, CA. We will keep posting pictures as we find them and as people send them in to us. Always such a good time. We can't wait to do it all again. It is just about 6 weeks away. The next Festival and Picnic is Saturday June 13, 2015 in Perris, CA. There will be awards prizes and giveaways, as well as a big Sales Display.

New T-Shirts available. Even a running engine on a Hillbilly Dyno. People are already calling in from out of state and there is a local hotel available. For any information call 909-355-OPEL(6735).

Attachments

·
Über Genius
8,937 Posts
Are you aware that the word "international" indicates that there will be representatives from more than one COUNTRY?

Also, are you aware that there's a huge difference between an engine test stand and a "Dyno"?

If I were to travel 1000 miles, to show up at an event, advertised as "International" to witness an engine on a "Dyno" and it was just a bunch of people from North America and an engine test stand, I'd be a bit pissed off.

Just sayin.

Reactions: nickincrete

·
Registered
318 Posts
Colfax, In

Just wondering if OU will have a rep in Colfax, Indiana at the end of May?:yup: Some of us can't make the trek to California, but we can be in Colfax.

Just wondering?

Paul in Mi, where in snowed a week ago.:ugh:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Are you aware that the word "international" indicates that there will be representatives from more than one COUNTRY?

Also, are you aware that there's a huge difference between an engine test stand and a "Dyno"?

If I were to travel 1000 miles, to show up at an event, advertised as "International" to witness an engine on a "Dyno" and it was just a bunch of people from North America and an engine test stand, I'd be a bit pissed off.

Just sayin.
I completely agree with you
I tried to tell them this a few times and even tried to explain in another of their posts. This is what I wrote

i wish you would stop calling your engine test stand a dyno as it is not one and just drives me mad.
A dyno is

A dynamometer or "dyno" for short, is a device for measuring force, torque, or power. For example, the power produced by an engine, motor or other rotating prime mover can be calculated by simultaneously measuring torque and rotational speed (RPM).
dynamometers are used to provide simulated road loading of either the engine (using an engine dynamometer) or full powertrain (using a chassis dynamometer). In fact, beyond simple power and torque measurements, dynamometers can be used as part of a testbed for a variety of engine development activities, such as the calibration of engine management controllers, detailed investigations into combustion behavior, and tribology. From wikipedia since I know you like long winded posts

It would be fantastic if you actually did have a dyno as you could then post real meaningful details of your engines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts