Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a piece of a wrecked car at a friends garage. it was laying in a huge pile of old TVR bodyparts. It looks kinda like the famous fort GT40... but he was not around so I don't know for sure...
In the mean time this could be a nice quizz for you car fanatics!

Any Idea?

Attachments

·
Detritus Maximus
2,833 Posts
Judging by the size, I'd say maybe an old Aztec Avenger kit. GT40 looks on a vw Chassis.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
looks like a mark 2 gt40 to me

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
if its fiberglass, i say kit car.......if its aluminum, then i'm with baz

·
1,973 Posts
either a gt40, aztec avenger, aztec, or maybe..possibly....a cheetah. actually scratch the cheetah...not it

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
I compared the photo above with a model I have of the #6 Gulf GT40 and after some additional googling, I can't say that I agree that is an authentic GT40 nose. I couldn't find any that have a headlamp opening that is flat all the way out to the front lip. Also the space between the wheel well and the door opening is too thin. I also didn't see any GT40's with a fog lamp recess that tapered. Otherwise I don't have any suggestions on what it could be.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
now only if u had two of those u could mold them into the front of a gt now that would be sweet looking i thinkobviously they would need the glass/plastic cover part on them but i think u all no what im sayin.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fibreglass

Yes is it fibreglass.
I still haven't seen my friend to ask him what it is

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts