Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,026 Posts
My first engine pulling rig was a tripod made of 3 saplings and a come-along..... I did not put my hands in under the 351C engine! Also, I did not know to drain the trannie first... guess who got an ATF bath head to toe!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
My first engine pulling rig was a tripod made of 3 saplings and a come-along..... I did not put my hands in under the 351C engine! Also, I did not know to drain the trannie first... guess who got an ATF bath head to toe!
Hardcore!

·
Registered
885 Posts
NEVER use concrete or cinder blocks to support a car! They crush way too easily when a heavy weight is concentrated in a small area. Plus any moving of the car while pulling or installing the motor will increase possibility of collapse.
you got that right I've seen disaster show it's ugly face in just that scenario thank goodness no one near the damn thing when it collapsed I was just wee lad at 9 yrs old crazy lesson to learn at that age do to an adult that (new what they were doing) :poop:

·
Registered
885 Posts
did you take a fuel bath to wash it off LOL

21 - 24 of 24 Posts