Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Opeler
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love seeing the acknoledgement in your book Blood Bound. I was very surprised to see Opelgt.com listed where I would least have expected it.

Quentin Todd

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Are you saying OpelGT.com is mentioned in this book

Wild! I see the main character (Mercedes Thompson) is a mechanic. Does she restore a GT in the book? :D

Matt

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
Are you saying OpelGT.com is mentioned in this book

Wild! I see the main character (Mercedes Thompson) is a mechanic. Does she restore a GT in the book? :D

Matt

One of the reviews says she is a used car mechanic specializing in German manufactured cars.

Vickie

·
boomerang opeler
5,629 Posts
a hot babe , vampire mechanic who's afraid of monsters ,that should work well :D

can just see the membership doubling in the next few months :lmao: but only night time access :yup:

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
One of the reviews says she is a used car mechanic specializing in German manufactured cars.

Vickie
Cool - I happen to collect Vampire movies (I have quite a collection). I just may have to check this book out. Wow - you never know what you might learn on any given day on OpelGT.com! :cool:

Matt

·
Kalifornia Kid
551 Posts
Vampire Mechanics

Actually, Vampire-Hours is what most of us can be accused of when the blood drips from your forehead and finger tips as you install that 5 speed in the dark.:eek:

·
Opeler
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the book, but Mercedes Thompson is not a vamp....read the series B). I suppose I already count for vampire access times, all things considered when I usually get onto this site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Opels in Blood Bound

Hey Guys!
I just stumbled onto this post (thanks to Google alerts!). I haven't logged in for about three years. I ended up having to sell my opel GT's, and just haven't had the heart to get back into this game.

However, I am Patricia Briggs' husband, Mike, and we did in fact have a couple of GT's we were happily restoring. I've twisted a wrench on VW's fairly enthusiastically, so that's where some of Mercy's mechanical knowledge comes from.

Sadly, the GT plays a very minor role in the books, but this forum was HUGELY helpful when we were working on ours, and I heard a number of funny stories that might still make it into print someday.

Thanks again guys, and keep 'em shiny side up!

Mike

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for the background on this. I'm going to check out the books. Maybe a future character should be named Opel or Opal (even with an "a" it would be a cool reference back to your GTs). Here's hoping you get back into Opels someday.

Matt

·
Opeler
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:)

Tell your wife thank you for the books, I can't wait till I'm done with this one since I would like my sleeping hours back ( < its a compliment). I like how she's broken the cliche'd sterotypes that have long since gotten boring, and its a major part of what has me so into these books.

Happy VW'ing and if you're ever in the San Francisco area for an event let me know, if you remember, since I'd be happy to attend and bring someone with me (she squeeled upon hearing that you replied).

-Quentin Todd :) dba. Laureen Yee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts