Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
If you are going for a stock restoration of a Manta, Ascona(1900) and Sportwagon then yes, it is a good buy. I don't know if Kadetts used this coil, but if it had a 1.9, then it should work.

I've only seen a couple GT's with this coil. It will work

A lot of people upgrade to a petronix ignition and match it up with a flamethrower coil.

Again, if your Opel currently has this type coil and you are doing a stock restoration, then I'd bid on it.

HTH

Jeff

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
it is if you are doing a 100 point concourse car where everything has to be exact ,but for normal use you can get coils much cheaper that do the job

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeff, yes I have a stock 70 GT and always looking for NOS parts so I think I'll go for it.
Thank you

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I didn't think you could give one of those away. I've tried.

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
What everyone is trying to say is, that if you want a 100 pt "correct" car, and not worried about performance, then go for it. But, if it's performance you're after, then these are worthless. Get a BOSCH "can" type coil or a Pertronix unit

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
BQS4

You hit the nail right on the head

·
583 Posts
Not new, but much less expensive.

I have about half a dozen of thes coils that are from parts cars or lot purchases in the past. If you want one, send $5 for the coil and $4.95 for postage. Better yet, send $20 and I'll send you 3-4. ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts