Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Looks like a good buy. Sounds like it has a good body, motor and interior. Glass should be a easy repair, I think, if Hastings Glass still has it in stock somewhere.
My 2c's

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I looked at all the pictures and it isn't a bad deal. I think for right now it is about 500 bucks high. I have been watching car and parts prices for 14 to 16 months, I bought mine 366 days ago. I have noticed about a 20 to 30 percent drop in prices in the last 3 months. I have also seen alot more GT's on the market this year compared to last. I have no idea why, but if you are interested in one it looks like more of a buyers market now. Anybody elses insight into this would be nice, ideas as to why or just a fluke. For me it is like the sunday sale adds with everything you bought last week on sale now.

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
I have to say that the body doesnt look all that good, it looks like it may have rust that had been fixed along the rocker panels and it is bubbling up again. There are also other suspicious bubbles on other parts of the car that may be where it was wrecked. Since there is nothing special about the drive train and it needs a complete body paint restoration, and a windshield, I would value the car in the
$1200-1500 range

just my $.02

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Chris;
I think all those "bubbles" you see are just beads of water, looks like the car was just washed when they took the pictures.

·
self admitted opel addict
227 Posts
If you really want an opel and don't want to start from scratch I don't think it's a bad deal. I built mine from nothing and I can tell you that THAT is costly!!!! you would have a start with this car.... seen them worse and better at that price. If you have JUST STARTED looking...then keep looking. You can stumble across better that you won't have to sink immediate $$$$ in.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
thats how i aquried my gts a looked at several then went to buy one didnt purchase but then bought anthor one that same day then about a week later bought anthor one i found which wasnt to costly but also i think it wus luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i got the car it would end up being my daily driver, so sounds like i should keep looking. thanks for all the input, i didn't know what to really look for so i thought i would ask.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
daily driver

I agree with old hippie..it looks like a good buy ..compared to the 2 -$1300 gts-1500 that i saw sold in the midwest in the last 6 months.plus it is impossible to line them all up and see which is the best deal..do you want to fly to california for a CA gt?I would like to ..for the fun of it...but the time and money to $hop.

My 2 cents follows:I dont really think any 30 year plus car can be a 100% reliable..whether it is a porsche,BMW or opel.

to get to work,to drive in salt,to start in cold,to defogg in the rain...you really need alternate transportation....so how about a
$1000 PU truck or ugly buick or chevy econobox...low miles but ugly..someone here recommened that to me instead of rustproofing the Gt...so I got the uglies buick skyhawk 89 that you have ever seen..then get a gt to drive on a low stress day and
enjoy the heck out of it.Keep it shined up in the garage..it will turn heads more than a$ 40,000 BMW.

Pull in to get gas ..next to the porsche 911...someone will come running out to meet you...not the 911 driver..I promise you that.
Opels are the friendliest cars in the world.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts