Opel GT Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Detritus Maximus
3,691 Posts
The iconicsounds sport sounds kind of stupid. Is it just engine noizes coming from the radio speakers? If it was me I would just straight pipe it or put a couple glasspacks in the exhaust instead of fake noizes. Reading my magazines I have heard about the engine noizes coming through the radio speakers thing. Just sounds stupid.
But that's the beauty of it! You get to the cool car noises and not bother anyone else.
Truth be known...if it sounds good inside, it usually sounds terrible on the outside, or is way too loud so you can hear it. If it sounds good outside, it usually isn't too impressive inside.
Unless you get some cheap turbo mufflers, then at 3000 rpm, you get to hear a really irritating drone inside the car.

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Registered
82 Posts
But that's the beauty of it! You get to the cool car noises and not bother anyone else.
Truth be known...if it sounds good inside, it usually sounds terrible on the outside, or is way too loud so you can hear it. If it sounds good outside, it usually isn't too impressive inside.
Unless you get some cheap turbo mufflers, then at 3000 rpm, you get to hear a really irritating drone inside the car.
It's fake. False. Nothing but a farce. Might as well be playing video games.

·
Registered
925 Posts
The iconicsounds sport sounds kind of stupid. Is it just engine noizes coming from the radio speakers?
Even in the EV community, I've heard this referred to as "The engine equivalent of a combover."

Apparently, it's very, very common, (Mustangs and F150s, BWMs, Lexus, Acura, Porsche, Volkswagen, Kia, Cadillac, Chevy, Nissan... all of them), and perhaps unlike combovers, lame as it is, it's convincing. Gotta make your engine sound bigger than it is, make it play vroom vroom noises from the speakers.

... and they've been doing this for 10 years. It's not new. Basically every car you want to sound fast, uses fake noise.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts