Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just dawned on me that if true this site was started in 2001?
So wouldn't this year be our 2oth anniversary?
Where's the celebration and party at ?
It's time to get up and dance lol
While I'm on this subject where's our happy dancing emoji?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And should there have been a fun poll.
With stuff like
I have such a deep appreciation and enjoy this site and it's members so much I joined twice so my alter-ego would have a place to express his or her gratitude for the site and share their experiences.
OR
I am so excited for our 20th I fabricated a multi flanged fletcher valve and gained 20 more horse power on a stock 1.9 gt in celebration

Opel GT ForumSince 2001
A forum community dedicated to Opel GT owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about restorations, engine swaps, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!
461.6Kposts
24.7Kmembers

·
Über Genius
9,490 Posts
Reactions: Gary and rrossjr

·
Detritus Maximus
2,993 Posts
I like the fact that one of the oldest, still running websites, ACME, makes an almost direct reference to Wile E.Coyote.

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
Registered 2/5/1998
opelgt.com was started back in February 1998. 2001 was when I switched over to the vBulletin forum program. I remember how difficult it was to write a script to convert the database to the vB format when I knew very little about MySQL databases.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I remember Yahoo groups and joining it first, then the vBulletin forum program,
(Opelgt.com) in 2002. That was a looong time ago.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes some where warm like Florida, Hint Hint Wink Wink

·
boomerang opeler
5,641 Posts
Wonder if it was to be Florida if it could be tagged onto old towns classic car cruise.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great Idea

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,700 Posts
We could do that in Albuquerque, NM. The Unser Racing Museum could probably host the event. There are some unique places to visit in Albuquerque and NM. It’s on Route 66, so there is some automotive heritage here besides the Unser racing family. Florida can be fun to visit but it’s also on a coast, so that can really hurt turnout. Might want to try and find somewhere more central for location.

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
If anyone would like to be considered to host a national meet, I suggest holding a local one first. That way the details and bugs of the event (location, hotel, etc.) can be worked out ahead of time.
Experience has shown the tying it in with an established show like Rt 66, Autofair, or Carlisle makes it much easier to run.

·
Registered
1969 Opel Gt 1.9 Automatic
470 Posts
By 2023 I would be 16 years old! Maybe I would have my title and everything on my GT figured out and I could maybe bring it!

That would be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
If anyone would like to be considered to host a national meet, I suggest holding a local one first. That way the details and bugs of the event (location, hotel, etc.) can be worked out ahead of time.
Experience has shown the tying it in with an established show like Rt 66, Autofair, or Carlisle makes it much easier to run.
How about a ( local event) as an example
Here in Oviedo Fl they hold a cops and cars show every year at the mall.
It's not a huge event like the ones you have mentioned above.
Just curios.
EDIT
Probably not enough members in Florida to bother
Now I'm kind of sorry I asked

1 - 18 of 18 Posts