Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What's a Nopel?
352 Posts
Nice Find!

Where in New Jersey did you find that. It even has a Rutgers University rear windshield sticker...

Opels & Rutgers... I've had tons of money go to both!

Congrats & good luck!
Marc

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Wow..very nice.

It looks like the one we had, and that I took my driver's test in. Same color, too.

Nice find.

Vickie

·
Super Moderator
9,750 Posts
Gary;
Cool deal!! :cool: Nice looking Wagon, but, I still have you by one!! :D :D
Gene
PS, it needs a luggage rack, but, I'm fresh out of them.

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marc said:
Where in New Jersey did you find that. It even has a Rutgers University rear windshield sticker...

Opels & Rutgers... I've had tons of money go to both!

Congrats & good luck!
Marc
Near the "Joisey Shore". He has another that's probably a parts car. {{rust}}

·
530 Posts
saxybiker said:
Wow..very nice.

It looks like the one we had, and that I took my driver's test in. Same color, too.

Nice find.

Vickie
I took my driver's test in an antique bronze '72 Opel also, but it was my parent's Manta.

What a great find - small bumper wagon with air and no roof rack :cool: . Doesn't get much better! Enjoy your new Opel.

-Jeff W
'75 Manta
'74 Manta parts car soon to be stripped and gone
'73 Manta

·
Registered
32 Posts
very, very nice car!! I´am impressed that you still could find cars like these in the US. I´ve been in the States two times, searching for good old Opels...without luck :(
Gratulation for this find

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Gary;

Will this be the next one to show at Carlisle '06? How many miles are on it?

Jeff

·
792 Posts
Brinki said:
very, very nice car!! I´am impressed that you still could find cars like these in the US. I´ve been in the States two times, searching for good old Opels...without luck :(
Gratulation for this find
Have you tried any of the Opel Parts companies?
Opel GT Source- Sonora CA
USA Opel- Temecula CA
Opels Unlimited- Southern CA

The last two almost always have a few for sale...and this site frequently has Ascona's for sale too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you Paul, nice tip!!
I didn´t know of all these companys, hope i have the possibility for a new US-Tour in nearer future

at moment i try hard to get to the very hugh Opel-Meeting in Van Nuys/CA , for little money :eek:

for the moment.....

·
792 Posts
Van Nuys is certainly an easy drive to any of the above mentioned businesses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One Followed Me Home, Too

Not nearly as nice condition as Gary's, but FINALLY a long coveted 2-door Ascona to go with my Manta. I had a Strato blue '73 2-door in the late 70's that set the hook for my Opel fetish. I swapped the engine into a '73 wagon after an accident smashed her up a bit. The wagon was fun but I always missed that coupe!

Anyway, it's a '75 with a recently redone interior and new front brakes. It needs an exhaust system and some rust repair but the underside is basically solid (I'll probably repair one frame rail as it is starting to look rough).
But it runs and drives and that's a decent start. The auto tranny will probably be dumped eventually for the 5 speed Getrag (Thanks, Rob!) but the goal is to get her ready for my son to drive to Carlisle next spring.

Mark Thompson
Baltimore

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
impcad said:
Anyway, it's a '75 with a recently redone interior and new front brakes. It needs an exhaust system and some rust repair but the underside is basically solid (I'll probably repair one frame rail as it is starting to look rough).
But it runs and drives and that's a decent start. The auto tranny will probably be dumped eventually for the 5 speed Getrag (Thanks, Rob!) but the goal is to get her ready for my son to drive to Carlisle next spring.

Mark Thompson
Baltimore
I would probably leave the 3 speed in it. Its more forgiving to a new driver than the 5 speed. For a easier swap, talk to Gil about getting a 4 speed overddrive auto for it. The conversion to stick isnt the easiest thing to do. Lots of welding and you have to pull the motor to replace teh flywheel with the flex plate, etc..

Charles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts