Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought her home on a trailer mid-Feb'04 ... picked June as a personal goal to be on the road. Barely made "goal" at 10pm last night ... a little outlaw run (still need to let DMV & insurance know I own her ;) ).

30year old stock (excluding Webr. & unilug mags) when I pushed her in garage... the facelift is slowly progressing. Obviously, a lot of work remains... but I'm compelled to share some "so far" pics... and that the open top is a driving pleasure!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
OrangPeEL said:
Brought her home on a trailer mid-Feb'04 ... picked June as a personal goal to be on the road. Barely made "goal" at 10pm last night ... a little outlaw run (still need to let DMV & insurance know I own her ;) ).

30year old stock (excluding Webr. & unilug mags) when I pushed her in garage... the facelift is slowly progressing. Obviously, a lot of work remains... but I'm compelled to share some "so far" pics... and that the open top is a driving pleasure!
EXCELLENT job so far. :)

Now repeat after me: MUST cover metal fuel line with 1/4" split plastic wire loom! :p

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Hey! Nice GT. What type of lights are you running where the U.S. turnsignals are located?

·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
signal lights moved

Removed two-way sockets from buckets and remounted into upper corner lenses. Filled buckets with 100w landing lights (I know... probably not legal for use ANYWHERE on land) & power them from r.dfrst relay/switch ... back glass is non-dfrst style anyway, so no loss to me. Upper corner park light lines moved to nose cross member (in between horns) & power up a pair of hidden amber clearance lights... kinda neat glow out the scoops & below bumper!

·
Super Moderator
5,928 Posts
OrangPeEL said:
... and that the open top is a driving pleasure!
What kind of roof opening do you have there? Is it one of those fabric roll-roofs, or is it just an opening?

·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The roof opening...

... is just an opening ... for about another month or two. Then, it will be covered by a tonneau (rope channel front, remainder snaps--- for this part of job I will have to $PAY$ :( ). There's a particular sealed canvas-type material I was turned on to when I cut a similar-style hole in a beetle roof... black inside, color options outside. Add any more groovy naugahyde on this car and I'll need to ditch the CD changer for an 8-track! :D

I'm actually optimistic about the roofline change... I expect the fabric will follow the remaining arch well w/o overflattening the profile... I only lost about .5" rise from the removed pannel.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Very nice. I like the way you ran the air filter. Good looking car. Jarrell

·
392 Posts
When asked about the landing lights just tell them this car is an old government area 54 test jet converted for ground use. They probably won't know what kind of car it is, anyway. Any GT that gets back on the road is a great car. Congrats.
Mike :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts