Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at different options for springs on my IT car, the way I see it I have a couple of options for the front spring.

1) Get a stiffer front leaf made...from reading if I go to a lowered spring made around 2 inches or so lower and around 450lb. If I do this and attach it to the stock mounting points I think that I will still have the binding, would that be correct.

2) Get a stiffer front leaf made, stock curve and use a shackle to lower the car down to where I want it, as I understand it that spring will have to be a little stiffer around 550lbs. This would remove the binding, would this be a better way to go.

3) the rear of the car is easy...I was thinking of starting around 200lb or so on the rear.

If there is a better idea on how to do this please let me know...I would like to do this one time...but I know from past experence that I was always playing with springs on a race car...(maybe not anymore with that front leaf)

I have seen mention of a fiberglass front spring could anyone give me some more info on that.

Thanks for your help
gregory

333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does RallyBob still make the springs or is the only place to get them from Suselbek? I have not heard of this company before, if it is the only place to get it could you give me some contact info. Should I run the shackles with the fiberglass spring? The only thing worse then "borrowing" someone elses work is claiming that they invented it. If this is indeed the case I will just have a steel spring custom made myself....The other would be nice...I would guess it would be quite a bit lighter.

333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone else out in Opel land must want some springs besides me.

RallyBob can you give me the info on the spring...was it a 500lb spring? how far did it drop the car, did you use shackles with the spring?...and the biggie how much where/would they be. I can always have a spring made up and if you get enough requests just order then. But one of my questions is should I do the drop with just the spring or should I go to the shackel and a stock height spring?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.