Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ITB Opel GT is going to make its first track apperance this weekend at Hallett OK. I plan on taking it very easy and maybe setting a new track record for the slowest lap :)

I will consider this race/test a success if nothing big falls off or I don't bend anything.

If you are looking for something to do and want to see the Opel GT in Gulf colors come on out to Hallett.

wish me luck.

gregory

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drove the car over to a friends house to help design a bracket for it (an advantage of living in the boonies the sheriff is not around very often) and the car pulled pretty well. I am just going to take it easy the first time out, not push any issues.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Race!

A little gem of wisdom from an old track hound - get a big hammer and "ding" an inconspicuous part of the bodywork. Then you won't be afeared of bending your nice new race car!
Pedal to the Metal!

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am using the rest of this season (what there is of it) to do some testing, I am going to push the car, but I want to know how it is going to act before I get too aggresive with it. I am moving from an ITA MR2 so everything is going to be different. I can say from running it up and down the street it seems to pull better then the MR2.....I am pumped.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The pathway to hell is paved with GOOD INTENTIONS!

Cherokee,

Have a GREAT time out there and give 'em hell! I hear you saying you'll just mosey around the track... I have thought that same thing but then your out there and "accidently" pass that first car... a second and THEN one passes you and oh boy is it on!

Best of luck to you!

DirtTrackManta

·
Opeler
28 Posts
Best of luck to you this weekend! I'm sure your car will get lots of attention, it's certainly unique. It also looks a lot more "racy" than the Volvos/2002s that seem to populate ITB around here.

Out of curiosity, which tracks do you think you'll travel to during the season? I'm looking for an excuse to make a trip to Mid-Ohio or the Glen.

-Stephen M

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
About the only tracks I go to are:
Gateway St. Louis
Heartland Park Topeka
Hallett Tulsa
MAM Omaha.

I think that the last races of the season are at Hallett, Gateway, and Heartland Park.

I am going to try to make all of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.