Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is in all of its glory, the car is finished (finished enough to run). Thaught that you would like to see the finished product, now all I need to do is get my medical....I HATE DOCTORS.

Check out the photo section (I think I put one in the wrong spot but you will get the idea)

·
Opeler
28 Posts
Very, VERY nice job. Looks like it could have just finished the '72 Monte Carlo rally. It's almost a shame to think of such a beautiful car out there with the IT paint swappers.

Out of curiosity, do you have to tape your headlights or can you just retract them? I think the lights on my ITB GT are taped, but then again my car has been parked for years and the log book is probably 5+ years out of date.

Once again, beautiful job on the car, and good luck!

-Stephen M

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I love the paint job. It reminds me of a racing Porsh (Slot Car) that I had when I was younger and it was great, the real one was to!!

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes all the lights/lenses have to be taped.

The IT group around here are not to physical. I am not too worried about it getting run into, but you never know never had a problem in my MR2.

There are a couple of little things that I need to do, got to mount a transponder, tape lights, mount tow hooks. nothing major...man I think thats it. I can't believe it is that close, it has only taken 3 years and I don't want to know how much money, and the paint job was a barter job so no out of pocket cash spent there.

Going to pick up my medical on the way home from work today, get the eyes done this weekend.

First chance I get I am going to go to MAM and do a test day. I will let you know how everything goes.

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My fuel cell is an off the shelf 8gal ATL cell. There had to be a little cutting done in back to make everything fit. When I get home I will look at my build up pic's and see what I have, I know I have some pics somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts