Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an alternative to my stock 13" wheels (Ugly) If I
wanted to OGTS offers some but at this time I cant afford them. And I don't want Chevett wheels mocking up the look of my GT. Are there any other makes or models I can go by with the same bolt pattern and offset. Looking for 14" or 15".

Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Try late 70s bmw 318 or 2002 fitments.
The proper fitment is bolt pattern 4x100 and 4" backspace. Most wheels have too much backspacing and will rub suspension.

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Low Rider

Several of the "low rider" Hondas and such use what is called a "reversed rim" where the center of the wheel is flipped with respect to the rim itself resulting in much less offset, or the familiar wheels sticking out effect. Some of those wheels are really, really inexpensive and fit the Opel quite well. Ask your local tire place about them and they may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vw scirroco wheels?

Anyone try vw scirroco wheels.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Yup, they fit a Manta okay, but on a GT the high negative offset can cause interference on the inner fender if the tire is tall, plus the inside of the rim can hit the upper a-arm at full steering lock (nasty noise!). Nothing a wheel spacer can't fix though.

Bob

·
Opeler
94 Posts
Replacement wheels

Well. this is my first post so I hope not to screw it up.
After exhaustive research, the only thing I can find to replace the original wheels with 15x7 and 4x100mm bolt pattern is Konig, Imagine style wheels. They are the only ones that have a +20 offset. This should work according to an article written by John Seaman. Thinkin about picking up a set myself. They come in two colors, silver and opal. The silver ones can be had for about $110 per. The opal ones are about $140 per. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
200 Posts
For racing I'm looking at going with a Bart 8x13" wheel. They use standard RWD offsets, available in 2" thru 5" I believe. I like the look of small wheels with slicks sticking out the fenders on little Auto-X cars. Only problem is it is a somewhat heavy steel wheel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DOh! Opelclub

So I was looking around Opelclub.com >TheBlitz, Low and behold an article on after market Wheels & tires. Has A few other sites besides OGTS and some specifics.
-Civin

·
648 Posts
I know I've said this before, but the ROH Synper is hard to beat. I got mine from www.jdwheels.com. They have a picture of a black GT on their web site with them on it, and there is a picture of mine here in the picture section.

The wheels are 15x7, the correct offset (I don't rember the exact measurement), and are priced extreemly well at $125 each. Put a 205x50x15 tire on them and you are within fractions of the original OD of the 13" so the speedo stays correct.

I was originally worried that they would look too modern, but they look fine. I'm always getting complements on them. I really wanted vintage Panasports...try $250/each!

James C

1 - 9 of 9 Posts