Opel GT Forum banner

It's rude not too

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Paul 
#1 ·
Despite being a GT man primarily i decided last week that i really needed a 'family' orientated Opel. I missed out on a Commodore and having seen this on one of the UK forums i decided it would be rude not to.

Several emails to the present owner and pictures offered in addition to those on the For Sale advert and i thought it would be nice to have an 7hr round trip and collected her yesterday.

Service items have been purchased and the old fuel will be drained at the weekend and hopefully she'll burst into life.

Next week i have the paint shop assessing her and hopefully before too long she'll be looking fresh.

As you can see the interior needs a bit of a valet, but with 49k and 1 Family owning from new, i decided this was not to be missed, what you think?

See less See more
#4 ·
It looks like a beautiful car, although it has the steering wheel on the wrong side! :burnout:

Dieter

#5 ·
Mark,
Pull the front wings off, and treat the rust you will find on the inner surfaces of the wing and inner wing...better to do it now than when it eats its way through...

#6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

I do plan to go through, but want to avoid a full strip down. I do plan to 'shultz' the car throughout and will be going OTT on the troublesome areas, A pillers, chassis rails etc.

Thankfully she's spent nearly all her life in a garage when not in use and also being a non-sunroof model has definately helped.

She has picked up a few dings, hence my wish to get her painted, but at the price i paid i should have a very nice Manta for not a great deal of money.......which is good because the wife doesn't know i have it yet :)

#8 ·
Well yes i could try that technique but as the car is away from the house in storage i guess i don't need to cross that hurdle yet.

I guess it's only when £00's start going out of our account that she'll probably say something......unless of course i use the 'secret stash'.

#9 ·
You could alwas say.."Honey, looked what followed me home" or you could say "You know Opels have a way of multipling all by them selfs."

Either way, a nice dinner out, and some flower for the week prior to showing her the car is always a good thing. Build up the points prior to showing her the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.