Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car now has a new master cylinder and brake booster, a big brake kit (vented) in front, and larger wheel cylinders in back along with new hardware. It's had a few test drives and is now just days from going back to its owner. Then this (photo). It's the elbow that connects the reservoir to the front brake portion of the master cylinder.

Inspecting, cleaning, I bumped this and it started leaking. That dark line is the crack. It's the little crap...

Finishing repairs in back and changing light bulbs I noticed the spade connector came off one of the rear marker lights. It was very loose when I put it back on, so I crimped it a little, and it broke. While not as dangerous as the brake part, it could lead to a blown fuse and no lights on that side. It's the little crap...

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Mike, you should know that the work on an Opel is never done. Start to fix one thing and find 20 other things that need to be done, and only because you fixed the first problem. Good luck on finding the plastic part for the brake cylinder.

Bob

4,231 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
If Splendid has them, there is a good chance that OGTS does also. If not, that part looks a lot like one that I use for a vent line connector to the bottom of the air cleaner. I found mine at Home Depot or Lowes? Polyurethane? I'll look in the morning (if I can "find" my MGTD).

Doug

4,231 Posts

·
Can Opeler
3,217 Posts
Mike
Special when owner swap to the greater Mastercylinder,they most take the old rubber grommets.
Or the ones what will be delivered with the MC.But for the GT brake fluid reservoir tank you need special ones from ATE.
I must buy also two of them from Udo for my Brake swap!Otherwise you will have a leak there!

https://www.splendidparts.de/kaufhaus_2/Opel-GT/Bremsen/Bremse-Zentral/Spezialtuelle-grosser-HBZ?source=2&refertype=1&referid=123&languageid=2
I think Opel GT Source sends out the better seals now. I complained to them enough times lol. Last time mine leaked they sent me a different design that is much tighter fit and works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts