Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just added the required liquids to my engine and let it sit for a static leak test.

Unfortuantly it failed.

On my thermostat housing, right where I had some metal work done to relocate the temp sensor I have two pinhole sized leaks. Would a little blob of JB Weld fix this ok? I know it will get worse with the engine running and some pressure behind it.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
I moved this to the Cooling System Forum.

I would think that JB Weld might work, at least for a while. But I would be inclined to either get it welded up properly, or replace it with another housing (suitably modified)

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
add mechanical retention

add some mechanical retention to that resin patch,now it will hold.

is the metal thick enough to anchor a micro stud? the thread pattern of the stud is a little deeper than a penny.

these are .5mm in diameter. I have some pins and the matching pilot drill from a project at my college.

how about you practice on a piece of scrap, then try to place 6 of these in a circle around your pin hole .coat this with original formula jb weld...you will have to deal with runs... maybe let the final additon of resin firm up,then about an hour or 2 after you have painted on the first coat of jb add the rest.you can use some playdough to "dam the jb up".

I have a small inventory of these self shearing pins. if you want to try a patch,until you can do the final repair properly,send me your address and i will put them in the mail to you.

of you course its at you own risk,as this is an experiment.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.