Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Opeler
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a slow start, but I finally got a little work done on the Kadett over the holidays. Not as much as I wanted, but a start, none the less. I am starting with the interior.

12/23/2014 INTERIOR
Today, removed passenger seat- 2 bolts on the front of the seat 13mm heads, back of seat has one clip on the outside, and the inside just rests on an elevated piece of the car frame. Removed seat belts, each bolt with a shouldered bolt with a 21mm head. Also removed 2 pieces where the back of the seat sets on the carpet, held in with 2 Philips screws each. Removed left and right door sills held in with 5 Philips screws. The left side carpet is now ready for removal. Pictures will be taken before to insure correct replacement (carpet is not salvageable). Also, there was a small black plastic piece removed from between the seats, looks like it may have been for a seat belt holder, 1 side is broken off, can be fabricated out of metal if needed.

·
Opeler
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the small piece between the seats was for holding the seat belts. Quit boring us with how many screws hold this stuff and get us some pictures! This thread is useless without pictures.
LOL- that was for me, so I know what goes where! Pics coming soon. that text was a copy of my word doc that I keep for my reference.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,246 Posts
Quit boring us with how many screws hold this stuff and get us some pictures! This thread is useless without pictures.

Less detail ? ? ? NO ! ! ! More pictures ? ? ? YES ! ! !

Pay no attention to that knucklehead. Take the advice of a Grand Master project poster.

John, you need to get your anal-retentive game on, like me. I’m digging the pointless and excessive detail, but you need to pick it up a notch if you want to play in the big leagues, like me. No matter how simple the project, always take pictures from every conceivable angle, preferably poorly lit, then repeat pictures of exactly the same stuff, but with one tiny pencil mark added. Every post must have 5 full size, laboriously edited, perfectly focussed pictures with John Madden-like lines and arrows drawn everywhere, plus glaring, offensively colored, description boxes describing what is painfully evident to even the most novice of novices and containing data of no use to anyone ever. Properly executed, it should take you longer to edit the pics, then write up a novella describing that day's endeavors, than it took to actually do the project.

Here, you can use this as an example:

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Oh the flash back...
I remember when the '69 speedo was [email protected] 150mph with the small block.
Things where a movin and groovin then disaster struck.
The driveshaft broke at the front yoke.
It launched the car end-over-end..(no front loop).:rolleyes:

·
Opeler
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have pics to show. I got more done this weekend. All the seats removed, and carpet, too. 4 dead mice and a mouse nest under the back seat.

pics:
1 carpet under right seat
2 driver's seat
3 driver's seat from rear
4 dead mouse under driver's seat
5 after vacuuming

Attachments

·
Über Genius
8,918 Posts
You might want to check some of the metal you found to see if it's (pre 1964) silver

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Opeler
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got to work on my Kadett again! Front light assemblies are removed, as is the front bumper and grille. Started to remove front door panels. Apparently, there is a special tool for removing the window crank. Does anyone know if i can get something that will work from harbor freight?

Thanks.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,246 Posts
The old trick I've always used for removing window crank c-clips was to use an old rag under the handle and slide it back and forth. The ends of the clip will get caught in the rag and get pried off the handle and shaft.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts