Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1970 gt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
After two years on here learning from ya'll I am enjoying the Opel community. I thought it was about time to introduce myself and my GT. My name is John from Georgia. Here is what I started with-
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Opel gt
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Then I stripped it down to the metal. To my surprise it was in better shape than I thought!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
The Young One
1,725 Posts
Nice! That looks like a very nice GT! You were lucky finding one that solid and not rusty.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
The Young One
1,725 Posts
That looks very nice! What paint did you use for your front suspension? I really like the color.

·
Registered
1970 gt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That looks very nice! What paint did you use for your front suspension? I really like the color.
It is Kirker paint not a very expensive paint but It will hold up pretty good in the sun. The GT will be in a garage more time then not so it will last. The color is a one of their tri color but I used a different base color then they suggested.

·
Registered
1970 gt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is Kirker paint not a very expensive paint but It will hold up pretty good in the sun. The GT will be in a garage more time then not so it will last. The color is a one of their tri color but I used a different base color then they suggested.
Sorry I didn't answer your questions correctly the suspension color is silver hammer

·
Registered
The Young One
1,725 Posts
I'm staying with the stock 1.9 with a automatic transmission. That's more than enough for me. I just want it to be as reliable as possible.
Have you put a weber carburetor on it yet? Or are you just running the stock solex? The weber 32/36 are almost a direct bolt on, and they make the car run so much better if The og solex is warped or not running right.

·
Registered
1970 gt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Have you put a weber carburetor on it yet? Or are you just running the stock solex? The weber 32/36 are almost a direct bolt on, and they make the car run so much better if The og solex is warped or not running right.
No, The motor is still sitting on the stand. I am planning on putting EFI on it. It did run pretty good with the solex on it though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts