Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Opeler
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just received my 71 gt from the auto shipper and had a chance to do a once around inspection. the engine seems fine and the body reasonably sound with the usual rust areas but the interior.... no spare or jack and no bracket to hold spare or jack (removed by p.o.?), clock inoperative, missing levers/switches, etc when suddenly the flashers start going. figured i must have hit the switch by accident so i reach down to toggle it and...the whole panel comes off in my hand. it's not even connected with the wires loose behind it. i made sure none of them were connecting but the flashers were still going so i had to disconnect the battery. if the switch is off/disconnected, how can they be flashing?? i haven't had an opel since the 70's, forgot how much fun this could be.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have an extra jack. As far as a bracket to hold the spare and the jack I have to look around. Were in Florida do you live? My father lives down there (Frostproof - 1hr south of Orlando on FL 27) and I will be making a trip down there later this summer (3 weekend in Aug).

On the flashers issue, it sounds like you have a short some were and will need to trace it down. Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.