Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought it got it home and it fired right up:D
It needs a littel body work and the inside redone.
can anyone tell me where to get pickup
to do away with points and condencer.
Would like to have part # if possible.
Going next week to look at a nother one .
If i get it ,and more than likely will only 300.00 and can be driven away, That will make me 4 GT,s:D My wife who says nothing about all my toys(god i love her) said something about his and her GT,s

:( . well we will see if there is any $ left when my 69 is done. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

·
GT Owner
396 Posts
http://www.bugstuff.cc/

Description: Mainly for "things VW", but a good place to buy the Pertronix Ignitor (model 1847V), which replaces the points in the Opel distributor with an electronic system. As simple as replacing points, but you never have to gap or replace them again.
http://www.bugstuff.cc/
Phone 1-800-752-2847
Fax 724-785-5506
e-mail [email protected]

(copied from the opel parts list)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Forgive me Lord, for I have committed the sin of - ENVY.

Congrats on your purchase. I am looking and just really getting started. May I ask, where did you find her? I had a '69 many years ago and would like to find another. Details you can share?
Just so I can live my Opel life through others.......
Dan:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan 101
I got her in southern ohio my dad found it when he was riding hih v w trike. It was a 2.5 hr. trip the other one a guy told me about it at a gas station. Just goes to show you being in the right place at the right time.:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
opelgt722002
Thanks for info i have been building things out or v w for a while did not know they had opel parts.Opels are in my blood now but i still like my fiberglass dune buggy a lot of time and money but a lot of fun.We put about 5000 miles on it last summer hoping to have as much fun with the oples :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts