Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a blast!

It looks like it needs a little TLC for exhaust, oil leak, a loose donut knocking, and tires. Hopefully then she'll be roadworthy. I'll try and get some new pictures.

Scott

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
hey i have an oil leak

congradulations on your new opel. where is your opel leaking oil from? I just changed my oil and i've noticed a leak but now the oil is clean. before i changed it it was gross. but anyways, any thoughts? could it be the oil pan gasket? i dont know where it is coming from but i will be checking it out soon.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
HEY SCOTT!!! Welcome to the League City Opel GT club. Meetings are held at Mely's Mexican Restraunt every Friday Night. New guy gets to buy the first, second and third rounds of adult beverages. :)
Just to let you know that when I first got my GT, it had three oil leaks in different places. The more I drove it after changing the oil and adding seal restorer, the less it leaked. Hasn't lost more than a couple of drops now in over 6 months.
BTW- when do I get to see it??
And there is a guy who owns a paint shop in Pearland who is restoring a 70 GT. Just met him at the League City Car show last Saturday. He says if he can analyse my GT, he will give me a real sweet deal on the body work and paint job. BTW- I got first place in my division at the show.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the rear main is leaking. The bolts going through didn't actually go all the way and one was so short it never caught-It just spun freely in the hole. New, longer 8mm bolts torqued right up. The leaks slowed a whole bunch. Also the timing chain gasket leaks.

I "popped" in a muffler donut around the old crushed donut in torque tube. Went in like it was made to go there. Hopefully that will ease the knock. All the other rubber mounts looked surprisingly well after I degreased everything.

One of the new red poly rear coil bushings looks like it isn't seated right. Hopefully I can hit that tonight, when I try to do a temp-fix for the exhaust leak.

Mels heh? I drove past there in the GT yesterday. Why not Skipper's? Gotta love those Greeks!

Congratulations on your show!

Hopefully I can get the bugs ironed out, and have it driveable this week. Then I'll be happy to come by (don't want to leave any oil puddles in anyone's drive!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts