Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just joined on here, I’ve just been reading an Opel GT ad that mentioned obtaining an original build sheet for the car from Opel via this forum, is that right??
If so, how do you go about this as I would love to get one for my 1970 Rekord C coupe.
Many thanks,
Rick.

·
Vendor
2,571 Posts
Rick,
Welcome to Opelgt.com.
I could be wrong, but I don't think there are build sheets for GM Opels from the 1970s
(at least I've never seen one) Where did you see the ad? A lot of information like original
interior/exterior colors, build date, etc. can be found on the body tag. I don't know exactly where
that is on the Record C (they never made it to the States) Let's see some pics! :yup:
Cheers,
RR

·
1,691 Posts
There is a thread on here about Body unit numbers on the GT and how they relate to the VIN numbers and production dates. In that thread I think someone mentions contacting Opel and getting some build info. As mentioned by Ron, I do not think something like a build sheet with options installed is available.

·
Opeler
288 Posts
There were build sheets used by the Opel production plants in Antwerpen, Rüsselsheim and Bochum.

The first items I know are from Febuary 1969.

These build sheets are mostly found inside the cars under the passenger seat or behind the rear seat bench.

Here is an example from my car (Manta Berlinetta) wich was build in October 1972 in Antwerpen.

The numbers are easy to decode.

First row (general information of the car):

IB (initial computer code for beginning)

Chassis number 599830983 = 59 Manta Luxus Europe, 9 = Antwerpen plant, 830983 = sequential chassis number of the Antwerpen plant

Model 59265 = 59 = Manta Luxus Europe, 2 = export Europe, 6 = engine 19S, 5 = gearbox automatic

PEN (Paint Exterior Number) 235 = Monzablau in Europe (Stratoblue metallic in the US)

ECA NR (European Currency Aval by numbers) 00000 = the production of the car was paid with none external money

Pt. (paint and trim code) 6H = 6 = vinyl roof blue, H = code for Monzablau in Europe (Stratoblue metallic in the US)

Des. (designation) GG = Germany ground transfer

Dealer = dealer number (Europe) for Schwabengarage Stuttgart

D. Day (delivery day from the factory) 16-10 = October 16th.

Second row (additional equipment of the car):

45-1 = Berlinetta package (nearly similar to the Blue Max)

46-3 = Alternator 35 Amp.

47-1 = electric windshield washer

50-4 = chrome trim rings or rallye wheels

51-5 = Halogen headlights H1

56-4 = heated rear window

58-4 = headrests for the front seats

63-9 = radial tires 185-70 SR 13 (Michelin ZX)

64-4 = vinyl roof

65-2 = rallye wheels

66-1 = metallic exterior paint

68-5 = luxury equipment outside

73-4 = campaign car

IZ = (initial computer code for end)

Rainer

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,571 Posts
Rainer,
Thanks for clarifying this.
As I said in my earlier post, I never saw one of these before.
It would be interesting to hear from others who were able to locate this document.
Cheers,
RR

·
1,691 Posts
That is the first I had heard of such a document. I do not think there is something like it on the GT. More to the point, I think what Opel Rick is asking for is a way to get a copy of such info from Opel. In the States I think the Manufacturers kept records of such info and could supply same to the present owners.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Thanks for the info! Those don't look like much, it's no wonder why people just ignored or tossed them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts