Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of my big interior parts are gone but I have MANY more items but I can only post 24 pics on CL. Here is the link.

Opel Gt 69-73 parts - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

Pick-up is preferred so you can make your selection, no subjectivity. I don't want to ship some parts like a head, rear, frt.end, 4 speed, etc. and think that it would be unwise to ship a 50 year old instrument panel when pick-up is the way to go. In fact in the last couple of days, I've had to turn two people down on shipping a panel.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,613 Posts
I've had an instrument panel shipped from NJ, it arrived just fine. The key to success I think was the thin plywood board it was taped to. The plywood prevented any flexing while in the box. I'd pay to have an instrument panel shipped and if something happened, I wouldn't blame you for it. There are some parts I'd buy, but this includes an instrument panel and a heater unit.

I understand pick up being preferred, but that really limits who would buy some of the larger parts. Opels are still a very niche group of enthusiasts.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had an instrument panel shipped from NJ, it arrived just fine. The key to success I think was the thin plywood board it was taped to. The plywood prevented any flexing while in the box. I'd pay to have an instrument panel shipped and if something happened, I wouldn't blame you for it. There are some parts I'd buy, but this includes an instrument panel and a heater unit.

I understand pick up being preferred, but that really limits who would buy some of the larger parts. Opels are still a very niche group of enthusiasts.
Hi Joe, hope all is well and I do appreciate your suggestions on shipping and pick-ups. I will give you a call and we can work something out. As you know I try to help people out and reduce my "stash".
I'm creative with my packaging when necessary and back in my packaging engineering days I would use 1/4" ply, stretch wrap the item onto it but back then I had a machine to make a custom box or two, today I have to find a suitable box or buy one from UPS and get packaging material, it's just not cost effective at this point in my life. Also many people wouldn't be as understanding as you if there was any damage but I only have six or so panels and I would hate to damage a part that is unique and hard to find but I'll give it a try. I have been very fortunate to have one of our members deliver a bulk sale of seven steering columns w/wheels and extra spare parts down South, otherwise the shipping and packaging would have been expensive.
Regards,
Leo

·
Über Genius
9,463 Posts
I need a steering rack core but I don't know if shipping one from Joisey is worthwhile.

·
Registered
1969 Opel Gt 1.9 Automatic
399 Posts
How much do you want for two rear bumpers with bumperettes? Also how much are two curved lens that go bove the front bumper?

Thanks Sam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Many of my big interior parts are gone but I have MANY more items but I can only post 24 pics on CL. Here is the link.

Opel Gt 69-73 parts - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

Pick-up is preferred so you can make your selection, no subjectivity. I don't want to ship some parts like a head, rear, frt.end, 4 speed, etc. and think that it would be unwise to ship a 50 year old instrument panel when pick-up is the way to go. In fact in the last couple of days, I've had to turn two people down on shipping a panel.
I’d

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, writing on my phone with my big fingers, I must have hit something I didn’t mean to. I think I was asking about the 10 bolt head. I assume it’s gone by now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, writing on my phone with my big fingers, I must have hit something I didn’t mean to. I think I was asking about the 10 bolt head. I assume it’s gone by now.
I'm almost positive that I have at least 2, along with 2 or 3 12 bolt with one having four cam bearings. I'll check and continue thru a conversation. I remember weighing one a year or two ago for someone in Ohio and it went about 65 lbs. unpackaged or crated which would mean the shipping would be via truck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was taking some pics today and took these, instrument panel, front and back but need to get a heater assembly down less the controls and photograph that.
Brown Wood Material property Gas Musical instrument accessory Vision care Eye glass accessory Eyewear Tints and shades Gun barrel

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally got to digging out the heater assemblies but while checking the nine of them prior to taking a picture, a question arose about the year so I created a post in General discussion and hope to get some pictures soon. I do have a picture of the last 70 style steering wheel that I have, is this what you are looking for?
Bicycle part Rim Automotive tire Spoke Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
if it is not already spoken for I would be interested in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Holy crapoly I just saw the opel candy store post on cl.
Would you be willing to ship some small items?

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,613 Posts
I don’t want the steering wheel. It’s hard to find the early type that didn’t use folded metal. It’s the style that is now reproduced.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is an original steering wheel with four tiny cracks (pictures) and from the top looks excellent. I'm not sure if there is a way to keep the cracks from getting any larger, maybe like the stuff they use for a chip in the windshield?

Brown Wood Beige Eyewear Rim Automotive tire Hood Wood Rim Automotive exterior Wood Automotive exterior Plumbing fixture Automotive design Fender Wood Rim Automotive exterior Beige Tints and shades

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a lot of small parts that I don't have pictures of including gaskets that I took a group picture of if you might need that too. Included in the second picture are 2 brand new motor mounts purchased back around '80 along with a GM timing chain rail, valve cover gasket and a T/O bearing. Oh, the Rallye gauges have a home..

Eyewear Ac adapter Font Cuisine Metal Office equipment Technology Machine Audio equipment Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'll take the motor mounts if there still available

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
More pictures of available parts, one never knows what people need.

I was told that the alt. is a high output one. 2nd pic, have more of all. 3rd lower right, steel w/vinyl & plastic covers that mount bottom of dash & inst. panel. 4th Switches early & late, relays, flashers plastic & metal can and various inst. pnl. parts, early and late lighters. 5th the vents speak for themselves.

Gas Machine Cylinder Nickel Fashion accessory Adapter Gadget Audio equipment Ac adapter Technology Office equipment Triangle Font Office supplies Automotive design Bottle Eyewear Drink Glass bottle Wine Light Camera accessory Black Camera lens Purple

1 - 20 of 34 Posts