Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
789 Posts
Very impressive stash of parts - looks like you have dismantled at least 7 or 8 GT's is that correct or were there more. I use to really enjoy going to junk yards back in the 80's and 90's and I would always pull a couple of parts that I really did not need, just little stuff, one time there was a shifter shaft with knob just laying on the passanger seat and I purchased it for a couple of dollors and used it to replace mine which was in bad shape, that replacement was this year and the part was in my parts box for at least 25 years or more - wish now and knowing what I now know, that I would have collected more before the car made it's way to the crusher. There was one yard just outside of Winston -Salem, NC that I went to on a number of occasions and I recall the last time that I went the owner told me to get what I wanted as it was going to the crusher next month. So glad that you were able to save so much. Good Job.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Very impressive stash of parts - looks like you have dismantled at least 7 or 8 GT's is that correct or were there more. I use to really enjoy going to junk yards back in the 80's and 90's and I would always pull a couple of parts that I really did not need, just little stuff, one time there was a shifter shaft with knob just laying on the passanger seat and I purchased it for a couple of dollors and used it to replace mine which was in bad shape, that replacement was this year and the part was in my parts box for at least 25 years or more - wish now and knowing what I now know, that I would have collected more before the car made it's way to the crusher. There was one yard just outside of Winston -Salem, NC that I went to on a number of occasions and I recall the last time that I went the owner told me to get what I wanted as it was going to the crusher next month. So glad that you were able to save so much. Good Job.
First let me say that you did one beautiful job on your GT with more polished aluminum that I've ever seen!
Of the 18 GT's I had I parted out 10 ( 25 to 30 Years ago) and by myself would strip one down in a day. I also had half a dozen Mantas and wagons. Lately I've been dusting some parts off and grouping them for pictures in case I want to sell every thing as a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ashtray/ shifter console; original coils & motor mounts; 72/73 fuse box needs work & mounting flange repaired - top and underside views.(missing wiper motor connector & main harness wires)

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Wheel rim accessories; Side window latch & glass; Door hndls. R&L 10036003 & 04; Inner door parts; Door inner sill (not shown); Thermostat housings 2 & 3 hole mtg.; HL rotators L & R.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Some more parts I dug out. 1st - GT jacks and frt & back door latch, 2nd - Driver side WW arm four later model (wing) and two '69. Passenger side WW arm on the right.

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Metal Automotive wheel system Hand Wood Finger Kitchen utensil Tool

·
Registered
1969 Opel Gt 1.9 Automatic
398 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Opel Gt 1.9 Automatic
398 Posts
$25 but this month only, if you're a minor, have the name Sam, live in Indiana and have an automatic 69 GT the price is $5 plus the shipping.
Ok wow! I will Pm you In a few hours. Thanks A lot!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
What are those ummm peni no bullet looking rubbers for? I don't recall seeing those anywhere

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
AH OK Thank you Keith,
I haven't had mine off so I'll add it to my loooonnnggg list of to do's and check that soon to make sure mine are there

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Those are the rubber boots that cover the terminal socket ends and a bit of the wiring on the front curved lamps
Terry, to add onto what Keith said there are also two more on the R & L license plate light housings on the rear bumpers. To the best of my recollection those are the only four light connectors that are really exposed to the elements. One other note regarding grounds that were notorious for problems on the cars, the ground connection, a 1/4" quick disconnect on the bumper 9is exposed to the elements and over time the ground can become compromised. Just my two cents on grounds.

Gas Auto part Bicycle part Pipe Cylinder

21 - 34 of 34 Posts