Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening guys and gals today I noticed what seems to be broken corners of plastic that might be from some sort of radiator support cover( belly pan) does anyone know if the 69 Kadett came with one? And if they did does anyone have one they want to sell?
Thanks

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Gas Automotive exterior Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Alloy wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

·
Opel Key Master
5,303 Posts
So I started thinking, and went to look at my Kadetts in the shop, but they are built a little different in that area, the 1.1 had those straps welded, where the 1.9 cars do not have that bracing the same. I’ve had a couple 1.1 Kadetts from that year, but never noticed. I did look in the parts books but did not see a listing for a cover or such. Even in the illustration manual I didn’t see anything, but seems funny someone added something. Can you pull a bolt out and clean it up? Does it have the letter “K” on it? What size socket fits it?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I was able to zoom in and it does infact look like there is a K in the center of the head of the bolt

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won’t be able to get to it until tomorrow morning, I’ll remove one and clean it up and post the picture

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I hope this helps
I did a little crop and filter to bring it out a little
Automotive tire Wood Circle Artifact Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Wood Circle Artifact Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
there's not a way to have it enlarged for the viewers to see it clearer
But it is indeed a K Automotive tire Wood Circle Artifact Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It definitely has the K on them, and what ever cover it had looks like fit perfectly to the body ,
Thanks for all the replies
JC
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey Gas
Automotive tire Road surface Grey Asphalt Wood

·
Opel Key Master
5,303 Posts
I had a 1.1 Kadett parts car that was a 1969, its still around here locally I think, I will check and see if there was anything on it. I know on 1.9 cars the framework is different and there was not anything like this. The relevance of the K bolt is that is what holds the grille and trim on the front ends of the Kadetts. It would be an 8mm head

1 - 10 of 10 Posts