Opel GT Forum banner

Kadett C (Opel/Isuzu) Race car in Aus/NZ

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GTJIM (R.I.P.) 
#1 ·
Well, sort of. It's an Isuzu Gemini:

Full history from brand new. this car got turned into a road car at the end of Group C in 1984 in its full race trim and was used for 4 years and then put away. Log books available from 1977 to 1984 with a huge competition history starting with the Gemini series in 1977/78 and then converted to Group C in 1978 to run Bathurst 1978 inc a 2nd place at Bathurst 1979 (in its class). Very original condition with all sway bars, Detroit locker diff, twin webers, rebel wheels, oil coolers, guages, roll cage etc. It's missing the Dry Brake alloy fuel tank from 1983 and the original seat and harness, it was converted to TE front and rear in 1982 to be able to update to later specs to keep it competitive in 1983/84.

Follow the link, third car down....
http://www.groupc.org.au/

Something to distract GTJim?

#3 ·
I like the Holden Gemini "Slug Racing" forum!

I was going thru some links on the Australian Falcon Yahoo group and found the ex-Bathhurst Gemini I posted about. While it's not exactly V8 Supercar stuff, the idea of having a Gemini with real race history is wonderful. Just need to find out what motor set up was in it during it's heyday.....

BTW- GTJIM, check your pm's...

#4 ·
Isuzu Twin Cam

THe Gemini racers use the 2 litre Twin Cam Isuzu Piazza motor which was only ever released in Japan. Some came out here in 2ndhand Piazzas that were imported from Japan. I have several from dead Piazzas that I have taken disc brakes for the Opel GT rear from.

BTW: Read the PM but cannot reply due to your mailbox being full!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.