1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
Geez Bob.... thats like dangling a piece of cheese in front of a mouse!!! Too bad I have no money and its so far away. Thats an awsome deal for the parts alone! Somebody buy that thing and sell me the intake and carbs for cheap.....:rolleyes::guilty:
Joe

·
789 Posts
What parts could be easily transferred to a Ascona/Manta A or a GT??

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Not Much ....

What parts could be easily transferred to a Ascona/Manta A or a GT??
.. the Weber carbs ... as long as you already have a set of CIH Opel motor intake manifolds. The motor in the Isuzu is a 1.8L Isuzu motor - like the ones in S10 Chevy pick-up trucks.

.. Oh - and the spark plug leads ....

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I don't know what kind of racing that car is for, but obviously it is a good start for someone wanting to get into it. The price is right, assuming the rollcage is up to spec. It has a fuel cell.
I never heard of the 1.8 S10 engine being a performance motor. Mine went in the dumpster with about 24000 miles on it. Wasn't too impressed with its durability.

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Hmmm

I'm looking for a base to make a Kadett C Coupe 2.0 Rallye clone....I'd rather hack this one about than the pristine Kadett in PA...I'm not interested in the engine/box...I have my own ideas there, but the shell with the cage etc I like...
Maybe something can be worked out??
:D

·
Super Moderator
9,646 Posts
I'm looking for a base to make a Kadett C Coupe 2.0 Rallye clone....I'd rather hack this one about than the pristine Kadett in PA...I'm not interested in the engine/box...I have my own ideas there, but the shell with the cage etc I like...
Uh-oh, Rob's at it again...LOL!!!

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
I don't know what kind of racing that car is for, but obviously it is a good start for someone wanting to get into it. The price is right, assuming the rollcage is up to spec. It has a fuel cell.
I never heard of the 1.8 S10 engine being a performance motor. Mine went in the dumpster with about 24000 miles on it. Wasn't too impressed with its durability.
That would be SCCA GT4 which is one of several classes for modified
sedans to road race in these days. GT4 being for smaller sedans both RWD and FWD. This one looks like maybe it's for driver schools and Regional racing
rather then the more serious National racing. Just a cheap way to get started and have fun doing it. Probable not very competitive. JMO.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Pristine Kadett in PA?

Hello Rob- Happy New Year!! Pray do tell me about the Kadett in PA! What model is it? Year, etc? Is it yours and/or for sale? Ernie Bello

·
332 Posts
That would be SCCA GT4 which is one of several classes for modified
sedans to road race in these days. GT4 being for smaller sedans both RWD and FWD. This one looks like maybe it's for driver schools and Regional racing
rather then the more serious National racing. Just a cheap way to get started and have fun doing it. Probable not very competitive. JMO.
GT4 is dead as well as GT5. They are all rolled into GTL now. If that car was safe to run in SCCA I bet it would be an SP car. (regional only)

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
GT4 is dead as well as GT5. They are all rolled into GTL now. If that car was safe to run in SCCA I bet it would be an SP car. (regional only)
Thanks for the correction. I really don't keep up with class changes anymore, obviously. :)

·
Opeler
17 Posts
Rionart:

Do you have the Vauxhall Sportpart Manual yet? It will tell you step by step on how to build the clone.

Wilson

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RallyBob:

Do you have the contact info on this? Of course, it had expired by the time I took a look at the ad.

Thanks.

Wilson
Crap... No, I didn't save it. Jordan here might have it however, he had expressed some interest in the car initially.

Ironically I posted it primarily because I knew you were looking for a Kadett C lookalike project Wilson.

Bob

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,482 Posts
I contacted the owner of this car when it first appeared and had him send me some photos. He sent me some very high resolution photos that you could really zoom in on and see great detail of any part you like. He was also very honest about the condition of the car when we talked on the phone. It turns out the car has SK carbs, not Webers, and it has been sitting outside uncovered with no side glass for at least five years. The photos showed a lot of heavy rot on the lower doors, quarters, fenders and the whole trailing edge of the trunk lid is pretty much gone. There are also some large holes in the floor of the car from it having rain water in it for all those years. Nothing is known about the engine internals, trans, diff, brakes or suspension. It has a huge fuel cell which leads me to think it was run in endurance events. He said it runs on a plastic gas can with a length of hose to the pump, but the clutch is frozen to the flywheel. The seat is basically shreaded and the nascar style door bars were an add on to the cage. A couple of younger guys bought it to drag race it and never followed through.

I'm not ripping on the car in any way. I'm just passing on the information I was given and letting you all know that it is pretty rough.

Duane

1 - 16 of 16 Posts