Opel GT Forum banner

Kadett GSi with the turbo

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Micutzu 
#1 ·
I am thinking of adapting the Opel 2.0 turbo engine (204HP) on recently bought '87 Kadett GSi (2.0 115HP). What would be the success chances for such an operation ? I'll probably need the gearbox from the GSi 16V (150HP) or the Vectra turbo (if it fits). I know that with enough effort , everything is possible , but how hard would this be ?

#2 ·
Unfortuneatly, this Opel board is for 1975 and earlier Opels. I doubt there is anyone here that can really advise you.

And you are a very, very bad man for teasing us with Opel motors we can't mess with!;)

#3 ·
micutzu
you will need the full front drive line [engine, gearbox, driveshafts, brakes, suspention,and all ancileries]
they sould go in with out too much trouble as they are of a common design
you should also change the rear brakes to the turbo ones and if you can put the ABS systom on so the thing stops good

#4 ·
OK , how about the electronics ? I will need to change the ECU too i suppose... How about the fuel pump, that'll probably need replacement too, right ?

PS: Sorry for asking a question about this Opel model here , but you guys seemed very knowledgeable and this is one of the few places i could find info on older Opels .

#5 ·
Micutzu said:
PS: Sorry for asking a question about this Opel model here , but you guys seemed very knowledgeable and this is one of the few places i could find info on older Opels .
No problem Micutzu. We now have quite a few members from Europe who can help you as Baz has. I'll create a forum for the "Newer" classic Opels. The common theme here is "OPEL".

#6 ·
how about the electronics ? I will need to change the ECU too i suppose... How about the fuel pump, that'll probably need replacement too, right ?
yes but you may only have to change the boxes as the harness is normaly common if the front loom for the engine needs to change it is just a multi block on the right hand side as you look at the engine
as to the fuel pump it should be ok as its the cpu that works out the fuel needs but if you can then check the part numbers out with a dealer

#8 ·
not at all you will need a 2 wheel drive gear box and check for changes to the flywheel and clutch as these may need to be from the 2wd engine (dont know so you will have to check)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.