Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I've been PMed 3 times about this one and finally asked about the title situation. Without a good answer to that, my opinion is leave it alone. I've declined every time but it is interesting and not that far away.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
That's too bad, it looks to be in too good of shape to be just a parts car.

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
Why does it have to be a parts car? Cant you apply for a lost title? I guess it depends state by state.

I am really interested in it, but at 700mi its just a little too far for a weekend trip.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Here in Colorado a car with no title is worth next to nothing. The cost to get one usually is more than the car is worth. To get a replacement title is up to who had one last and if it's still on the books in that state, 5 years they usually purge the records.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,422 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
jlthunder said:
I used a title service in New Hampshire to title a motorcycle which lost its title by the previous owner. All I had to do was pencil trace the VIN # and I got a bill of sale. Pennsylvania had no problem accepting the Bill of Sale and I now have a title.

Good move in haveing the VIN run so you don't end up with a stolen piece of equipment.

I can give you the info if you want, just PM me
Taken from the search feature. Let me know if you need this info.

Jeff

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Also before you commit to a title service, be sure your state will honor it. I checked with 2 and they both said not in Colorado when I was looking at a car with no title.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,422 Posts

·
tomking
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good Tom, are you going back with the Rallye scheme paint?
Keith
Oh yes. Regal Gold color with stock paint scheme. I take my suspension to the shop today to put on and will tell the painter about his mistake on the cowl. But I am using semil gloss instead of flat on the hood. Plus I OK'd him to use vinyl stipes instead of painting as long as he used a top quality vinyl.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts