Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Opeler
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new here and to Opels in general a few weeks I bought my first car a 1969 Kadet L 2dr wagon and I have a few questions about. First how many were imported by buick to north america. My second question is does anyone have a diagram for that cars fuse box or could anyone please explain to me what things are on what fuses and what amperage those fuses are and where they are located in the box.

Thanks, I hope I did this right

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Kadett fuses

ratz said:
Hi, I'm new here and to Opels in general. A few weeks ago I bought my first car, a 1969 Kadett L 2dr wagon, which I have a few questions about. First, how many were imported by Buick to North America? My second question is: Does anyone have a diagram for that car's fuse box or could anyone please explain to me what things are on what fuses and what amperage those fuses are and where they are located in the box?

Thanks, I hope I did this right
From the front to the back:

1. 8A - Horn, wiper, park brake light on dash
2. 5A - Dir. signal, stop lamp, back-up lamp, brake system warning light
3. 8A - Heater, lighter
4. 5A - Interior lamp, clock, hazard warning flasher, glove box light, radio
5. 5A - Left parking and tail lamp
6. 5A - Right parking and tail lamp, license plate lamp, instrument lights

Fog lights are fused at 8A at an add-on engine compartment relay
Rear window defogger is fused at 16A at an add-on engine compartment relay

HTH :rolleyes:

·
Opeler
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kadett fuses

Thanks the first 6 helped but I'm not sure where the fog light or defroster fuses are located.

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Ratz;
The fog light fuse will be in the engine compartment, mounted on the driver's fender. I will look like a relay with a ceramic fuse on the side of it. The rear defroster is the same way, but, I think it will be located under the dash. But, both of these were options fog lights were on the Kadett Rallye, and the defrost was just an option for all models.
HTH,
Gene

·
Opeler
192 Posts
fog light fuse relay location

On my 69 Kadett L wagon, rear window defogger is on the driver's side fender. On the 69 Kadett Rallye, the for light/long distance light relay is on the passenger fender, both in the engine compartment. Thet are small cylinder relays with fuse on side, horizontal.
Gerry

·
Super Moderator
5,927 Posts
If it helps, I scanned the 1969 Kadett wiring diagrams and keys, and they are attached below as .zip files. They aren't the greatest, but they are fairly legible when printed full scale on 8 1/2 by 11.

HTH

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
check the photo gallery too

There are also Kadett wiring diagrams posted in the tech area of the photo gallery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts