Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey to kansas city area people

would it be possible to organize a get together this weekend? maybe at an area sonic? what a hoot it would be to have 4 or 5 opels together in one place!!

i'm not sure when sonic cruise nights start. even if it is not a regular cruise, how about we all get together for a burger and fries? i haven't had the opportunity to meet the other people in my area, and this would be the perfect way to meet.

how about it? friday or saturday? let me know by replying to this thread. let's do this!!

mike

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
I'm game for Sat. How about around noon for lunch? I was checking our various towns and I think Lawrence is in the middle for most of us. I'll have to come in my lil' red pick-em up truck, though.:(

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Sounds like a great idea.

I've got to see what I have going on.

I need to get the tail and brake lights working before I drive my GT anywhere, along with some other work.

Bucky, Is your GT driveable?

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Hmm.....we have some Opeler's farther south than I thought. Would the SCCA parking lot be better in Topeka? Might be a thought as we could see where to show off our rides to the "other" sports car crowd. AFTER finishing whatever we have planned to spruce them up! :D

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
itching to drive

i will try to make the venue..i have polished and painted my pieces..looks so much better than before.

my carb in in my friends shop..i am "on call"..when he gets to it..
he is going to call me on the reasembly..today isnt looking good

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Lets get all of us KS / Mizzu Opeler's on line and pick a place by Friday afternoon. I love to eat, even in my truck!
:D

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
like oldhippie says...let's pick a time.

saturday night or sunday day are both good for me.

i'm not too sure i want to try going all the way to topeka in my gt...we are still getting acquainted with each other. i think it would make it, but i can't swear to it.

waddya say, everyone?

·
333 Posts
I would love to go but I can't make it this weekend. If you guys are looking at Topeka you might want to drop by Heartland Park, I am 99% sure that there is a SCCA Club race this weekend there.

I am going to spend my time under the car for 4 days....hopefully at the end of my long weekend it will be ready for paint.

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think i can do june 5 or 12. as long as it is at night. maybe a cruise at sonic or something.

·
333 Posts
I realy liked the idea of getting together in a park or something like that. My car is not street-able, but I would love to get with all of you guys and put faces with names.

·
Opeler
48 Posts
I can't do anything this weekend but am open for the 5th or 12th also. My place is still available for a BBQ or something if everyone can make it a little farther south. The fish are biting !!!!

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
I was informed that I forgot the Easter egg hunts. Shame on me! My daughter is my backup memory system :p. June, but I'd have to do the daytime as I have my daughter on the weekends. Can't take her on long drives at night. You know how women are, no matter what age!
:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts