Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some Googling after I saw a note posted in the German Yahoo group about a KEINATH GT GT/R that was for sale in Germany.

More photos: http://retractable.free.fr/uk/index.html

http://www.ractif.com/~cpittet/voitures/_g_z/keinath_gt_r/

Some details:
Horst Keinath first repaired Opels and during the late 1980s he started to modify them. Cars like the Opel Monza Cabrio or the Senator Cabrio were among the noted creations. In 1996 Keinatch introduced his GT/R. This sportscar is based on the trusted Opel GT but has a new engine and luxury interior.

Attachments

·
47 Posts
Very cool, especially the tilt nose. Wonder if he used a fiberglass peice like some drag racers use... I like it, but looks a little too much like a vet. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
5,924 Posts
VERY neat. I thought I had seen most variants of the Opel GT, but this is simply AMAZING. I googled KEINATH GT/R, and up popped a bunch of info. They come (they apparently are STILL made, since 1996!) in either 3.2 and 3.6 Opel V6, or Mercedes 5.0 V8 ! With a RETRACTABLE hard top, a la the Mercedes SLK. TOO COOL!

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Keinath USED to have a web page but that went away a few years ago. As far as I knew, the car was shown in a few new model car shows as a concept only. And a very limited number of them were actually made.

I was under the assumption that the Keinath company and name had dropped out of the car business all-together. Hopefully I am wrong!

·
www.opelgtworld.de
275 Posts
Keinath GT

The Keinath GT is an self-construction of Keinath from Reutlingen, Germany. It`s a noble roadster with a Hardtop construction similarly the Mercedes SLK, which takes up with many styling elements of the legendary OPEL GT. The sports car is motorized with a 2,5 or a 3.0-V6-Motor (Opel Omega) and equipped with all modern safety and comfort characteristics (starting from 89.000 Euro). Also the transmission, the brake assembly and entire electronics came from Opel. Further again the Keinath GT/C is, a graceful designed and classical Grand Tourisme with an 3.2 l V-6 cylinders engine (218 HP) or an 5.0 l V-8 cylinder (340 HP).

TechnoClassica 2002
Keinath GT 1

Keinath GT 2

Keinath GT 3

Autosalon Genf 1999, Mr. Keinath
opelgt.org

Norbert

·
Registered
69 Posts
OMG, that interior is to die for .......

Interesting concept for the dashboard, looks perfect.

Wonder if it was custom made or out of another production car ?

·
Opeler
36 Posts
Azzi,
The dashboard looks very much like the one in my Omega B, actually identical. I'll take a look in the morning

·
1,973 Posts
is that the newest speedster? it looks alot like I believe last year's vauxhall, now they are really going to be about the same car becuase they already had the same drivetrain.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts