Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a different thread for a potential Keizer Wheel Group buy.

For those of you who don't know, these wheels are very light aluminum wheels. I have been using them in racing for several years now. We (dp MotorSports) have been using them on our Opel GT and Datsun Z cars.

These wheels come in just about any size you can imagine. Keizer has 13" and 15" wheels. You can get them in any bolt pattern. Also, you can get them in any width or offset in 1/2" increments. (Widths from 5" to 13").

Rather than try to describe them further, go to their web site and see what they have:

http://www.keizerwheels.com/2003_web_project_000002.html

Post any questions here, or send me an email: [email protected]

·
Code Goober
243 Posts
Couple of questions: 1) What size were you planning on getting or 2) can the group buy be composed of different sizes, 3) what kind of group size were you hoping to get, and lastly 4)what kind of discount were you expecting.
Thanks,
David

·
648 Posts
Let me throw in my 2 cents about Keizer wheels. I have a buddy that has used them on several different (small) autoX cars over the last 10 years or so. They are excellent quallity and extreemly light. One of the best for the price that I know of. But...they are not a wheel to be used on the street. They would be ruined the first time you hit a pot hole. If you want a dual purpose light weight wheel, you have to look at something different, like a Koesi or a Panasport$$.

IMHO,
James

·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James is correct in that Keizer wheels are intended for auto-x and raceing. However, I have found them to be quite strong. Out here in the Southwest if you go off track... not that I'm admitting anything... your car becomes a desert racer. My Keizers have seen their share of off road "events"... other drivers of course... and there's not a ding on them. So, I'm reasonably sure that you could mount a set and drive them to your next auto-x or track day. I'm also sure that they won't stand up to bashing curbs on your way to the grocery store. By the way, since the Keizers are 3 piece wheels, you can replace just the bent part if you do get a "ding"

Here's a picture of The Fastest Opel in the West with the Keizers... and a chance to brag"

5 time ITB Champion
2 time F-Production Champion
... and counting

Car builder - dp MotorSports
Engine - TGSI Racing
Driver - me of course

Attachments

·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For this group buy, you can buy wheels for anything, not just Opels. So here's a picture of a Z-car with Keizers... and another chance to brag.

GT-2 Champion 2001, 2002, and leading 2003

Car builder - dp MotorSports
Engine - TGSI Racing
Driver - Lowell Preston

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
TGSI,

How long will it take Keizer to make and ship the wheels?
How necessary are the steel inserts, IYO?

Thanks,

-Travis

·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will take about 5 work days or less. The "or less" depends on the size ordered and what they have on the shelf at the time.

I don't have any first hand experience using the wheels without the inserts so I'm not sure. For other aluminum wheels, if you take them off and on a lot, they tend to smush out. We take the wheels off and on 4 to 6 times per race week-end and a couple of times between races and the Keizers with steel inserts are still perfect... after several seasons.

·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The group buy is "on". I have enough people to go forward with this. I don't have pricing on all sizes & styles yet but to give you an idea, the 13 x 7 wheels will cost about $170 ea. Email me with the size/bolt pattern/offset you want and I'll let you know what the price is. My email is:
[email protected]

It will take about 10 days to get the order. I'm going to submit the order on July 2. So, if anyone else wants to get in on the group buy, I need a comittment by then... that means send money by then.

·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a reminder. I'm going to order up the wheels next Friday. Any those who wants to get in on the group buy need to contact me by email not later than Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
13,990 Posts
TGSI, got the Keizer wheels on Thursday, they look great! Thanks again for setting up the group buy.

Bob

·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everyone who ordered wheels on this group buy should have received them by now. If you have not received them or if there is a problem, send me an email.

Also, because of a mix-up, I got an extra set of wheels. (I had one set drop-shipped and they thought I was adding a set.) I am going to send them back next week. But if anyone who missed out on the group buy wants them, I would rather ship them to you rather back to Keizer. The wheels are 13X7, 4x100, with 4" back space.

Email me through this web site or directly at:
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
13,990 Posts
TGSI Racing said:
Also, because of a mix-up, I got an extra set of wheels. The wheels are 13X7, 4x100, with 4" back space.
Bob (D.), I may be interested. Still need a (spare) set for the GT-4 car. How much again? The set I received from you for my friend Gregg are not GT-4 legal (8")......

Bob L.

·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The price for the set is $728 + shipping.

Bob... I won't be able to make the picnic (gotta work), so I would have to ship them to you.

I forgot to put it in the earlier post... these wheels have the steel lug nut inserts. (These inserts are almost a "must have" for the Kiezer wheels. )

These need to be sold by Friday or I'm shipping them back to Keizer so I can get my buck$ refunded. I can't carve them up and eat them.

·
Super Moderator
13,990 Posts
Bob, could I send you a retainer now, and the rest when I get back from California? Say $300-$400? Delivery after I pay in full, of course.

Bob L.

·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Bob,

You know I'll always fix you up. You've done so much for me over the years, that's the least I can do. So, let's hold off a little bit to see if anyone else wants these.

So, does anyone want these? I need to know by this Friday.

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
Did anyone that is currrently browsing this forum purchase a set of the Keizer Wheels as part of this group buy? I was thinking about a set of Keizers to purchase this spring and was wondering how everyone felt about them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.