Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have all these tools, but I'm honestly not interested in loaning of them out. Helmut, while I'm not too worried about you not returning them, they were just too hard to obtain that I don't want to risk loosing them. I will be more than willing to draw out all deminsions or bring them to Carlisle so you can personally check them out. The adjustable block would be a tricky one, it has a spring loaded plunger that you re tighten with a set screw so you can mic it. I am missing the bolt/stud that holds the assembly together, but think a regular bolt will work.
20210106_135656.jpg Tricky but not impossible.

·
Opeler
896 Posts
The block is only used to measure a gap. Why couldn't the same be accomplished with a short- handled telescoping gauge?

·
Registered
430 Posts
The pitting Gauge of the J-21691-6 where it indexes is slightly offset. I don't think you would be able to measure perpendicular to the face of the pinion or the -4 plate which are the same depth. The block of the plunger has to cantilever a bit to get the proper distance. The nominal value in FSM must be the difference to centerline of the carrier.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts