Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have the GT up and running, I realized I only have one set of keys. I've tried the local key shops but they dont have the blanks to make copies. I've Googled for Opel GT Key Blanks and didn't really come up with anything. Anyone have a source or maybe even a couple spare blanks on them they'd be willing to sell?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Code? Ok I'm stupid...where do I look, on the key itself? :eek:

I'll look, I believe they are the original factory keys. Although the ignition one looks a little new, the gas key looks original.

·
Opeler
64 Posts
Blank Keys

I just received two Blank keys from GT Source
There were two type avaiable so I bought one of each
suggest you check them out, they have quite an assortment of parts available

Jeff

·
Opeler
4 Posts
opel key blanks,never a problem

as far as i know there are two types of key blanks available all along,opels unl.com or 909-355-OPEL. At least as far as GT's but they also have key blanks for Kadett A&B as well as the double slot allotted only to GT and the other one allotted to odd ball Manta and Ascona chrome locking gas caps. And to this day only sell them for $2,4,6, each. Brand new and especially new ones, they will make you a crazy deal on bulk. In over 20 years I've never had a problem getting any part, much less a key blank from Opels Unlimited, it's just a given that you always contact them past the 9-5 rush....duh...they have always had every part I needed new or used for every model.

·
Trouble Maker
1,523 Posts
I bought 2 of each OP11 and OP19. I couldn't find anything in our garrage that used OP11, even the Ascona Gas Caps. The OP19s were good for both the GT door/ignition and the gas cap. I ended up not needing them because there are a couple of places in the Dirty, Dirty that still have Opel keys. For the GA guys, Handy Hardware in Tucker not only has them, but has the machines to cut them and my Uncle said that Daluth Lock and Key had handfuls of them. OGTS is where I got my spares, and I guess that Opels Unlimited has them. Every package I order from OGTS hits my door within 3 days, coast to coast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.