Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gitte
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Amsterdam.

I have installed a new kick down cable on my 1.9 GT. No big deal. BUT, the metal eye feeds into the throttle arm (through a hole) on the left hand side of the car. It is retained by a special clip which I cannot get anywhere. It is an identical clip to the others that hold the throttle linkages in place, but smaller. Had no luck finding one so far! Anyone got a couple of these clips kicking around? I'd give blood for them!!!!!.....

Also, I need a new breather pipe that goes from the Alloy Valve Cover to the Air Filter system. This pipe seems to push into the Valve Cover & is held by ??.... Mine has gone soft and mushy & now leaks oil on the right hand side of the engine. A bit annoying. Anyone got a solution for this?

Thank you in advance...... Mark, Amsterdam. :)

THANK YOU........ Mark

·
1,876 Posts
As far as the breather hose goes, do a search of the site. I beleive Charles Goin had listed some readily available part numbers of hoses and connectors which will work out just fine for both the larger and smaller hoses from the GT valve cover. I put these on my GT 3 or 4 years ago and they look good and perform well.

·
Super Moderator
9,778 Posts

I have installed a new kick down cable on my 1.9 GT. No big deal. BUT, the metal eye feeds into the throttle arm (through a hole) on the left hand side of the car. It is retained by a special clip which I cannot get anywhere. It is an identical clip to the others that hold the throttle linkages in place, but smaller. Had no luck finding one so far! Anyone got a couple of these clips kicking around? I'd give blood for them!!!!!.....

Also, I need a new breather pipe that goes from the Alloy Valve Cover to the Air Filter system. This pipe seems to push into the Valve Cover & is held by ??.... Mine has gone soft and mushy & now leaks oil on the right hand side of the engine. A bit annoying. Anyone got a solution for this?

THANK YOU........ Mark
Mark;
Those clips come in many forms, depending where they are on the linkage, so finding the EXACT one may be quite a hunt. Most of us here in the US use a paper clip cut and bent to the shape we need/want.

Gordy is right, go through Charles Goin's posts and somewhere back, he has a list of part numbers to get the little pieces and hoses to connect the valve cover to the carb, and as Gordy says, it works great. The only hang up would be that in Europe, you may not have these parts, and may have to sweet talk a US member to gather up the parts and ship them to you. The parts are not expensive, if I remember, it's less than $20USD but well worth it.

·
Living in the past
2,340 Posts
Valve cover Breather Pipe connection

THANK YOU........ Mark
I tryed several methods over the years and the best fix I have found for attaching the hose to the valve cover is to thread the hole, screw in a pipe nipple and slide a hose over it. You can use a hose clamp to hold the hose on the nipple or use a burrred nipple to keep it in place.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,901 Posts
Anyone got a couple of these clips kicking around? I'd give blood for them!!!!!.....
I think you can use commonly available e-clips as a substitute. Make sure that you adjust the cable so that it only gets pulled at the very end of the pedal movement or you will rip the end of the wire off. Webers allow the linkage to move further than stock. I think that kick down cables are useless. You car will downshift when you put the pedal to the floor without the cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts