Opel GT Forum banner
201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Can Opeler
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
I finally found a way to get the speedo gear out without removing the trans.

Unfortunately the gear Lynn sent me is not right. It’s too big. Here’s mine and the measurements of it. I’ll send some photos to Keith, he though he might have a few last time we talked.

The gear is shredded on half of the gear. No idea how that happened.

• Wow
Reactions: terrylewisac

·
Can Opeler
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Uh oh! I got another GT. I couldn’t turn down some free 1.1L parts. The body is toast, but it is a cool rare 1100 GT in forest green with tan interior

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Nice find. What year? What's that green with the hideaway headlights up the street?

·
Vendor
3,166 Posts
Uh oh! I got another GT. I couldn’t turn down some free 1.1L parts. The body is toast, but it is a cool rare 1100 GT in forest green with tan interior

Looks like it was already picked, but there's enough "meat" left to make some soup. :p Did you supply the wheels and tires?

·
Can Opeler
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
It’s a 1969 like pretty much all 1.1Ls. Less than 100 we’re made in 1970 and I’ll bet they are all made of fully 69 parts.

Yeah it was a junkyard car from Oklahoma. A guy in Texas bought it for the gas tank, hood, and bumper. So now I’m taking the rest.

Yeah the wheels and tires are off my other cars.

Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
The Young One
684 Posts

What are you going to do with it. Nice find. You should try to get it running.

·
Can Opeler
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
A few more photos! The engine is seized, but I’m confident it will free up. It’s a pretty old GT. Flat panel rear, split bumper according to the previous owner, red lettering on the air cleaner. It does not have a black painted brake support rod. Looks like an early-mid 1969. The vin is older than Gary’s 69 GT, but well into the beginning of 69 production.

Notice something missing on the hood?

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Registered
The Young One
684 Posts
Do you have a picture of the front bumper? I have never seen a split bumper and I am just curious. Wow I bet that is a rare GT!

201 - 214 of 214 Posts