Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a question about a new set of racing shocks I got from OGTS. Gil says these are what I need for a lowered GT. They are adjustable racing shocks.

My question is about the adjustment of the shock. On the body of the shock, it indicates a "+" and a "-" direction. I'm assuming this is for the firmness of the shock. I compressed the shock and rotated the shock in the "-" direction. After the shock stopped turning, I was unable to uncompress the shock to reinsert the rubber stopper.

I tried turning the shock all the way in the "+" direction and when I got to the stop, I was able to uncompress the shock. I'm confused.

The only instructions that came with the shocks are little pictograms. No wording whatsoever.

Doesn't "-" mean less firm? If so, then why couldn't I uncompress the shock?

Thanks,

Manny

·
Super Moderator
13,877 Posts
gtzero said:
Doesn't "-" mean less firm? If so, then why couldn't I uncompress the shock?
It does sound backwards. When the shock is at full stiffness the rebound damping will be so stiff it will take a LOT of force to fully extend the shock.

·
Certified Opelholic
1,470 Posts
I think the old Koni's are one way adjustable in rebound only.

I just looked at my Red Koni's and I cant even find a plus or minus sign at all.

turning the bottom to the right makes it stiffer to the left softer

don't set them full stiff i flew off the course when i tried that (the car would not turn in)

HTH
Davegt27

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
davegt27 said:
I think the old Koni's are one way adjustable in rebound only.

I just looked at my Red Koni's and I cant even find a plus or minus sign at all.

turning the bottom to the right makes it stiffer to the left softer

don't set them full stiff i flew off the course when i tried that (the car would not turn in)

HTH
Davegt27
The yellow Konis have about 2.5 turns from full soft to full stiff. I set mine at 1.5 turns from full soft. And it might be just a tad too stiff for some of the roads around my house. It feels great on a smooth stretch of road. Really feels controlled. But once I get get a couple of bumps, I feel the rear is bouncing off the road. I'll set it at full soft and adjust from there.

Manny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts