Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
solex problems.. and electric fuel pump

i went out and started my gt up today.. wouldnt idle.. but i gave it gas and made it run for about a minute or so.. then i put in a new door lock mechinism and then i tried starting it up again and then it started up and ran fine... argh!! what would be causing this problem? I replaced the mechanical fuel pump in the summer.(has less than 200 miles on it).. well it appears to be leaking from the fuel pump still... actually worse than before.. i put the gasket, spacer, gasket on it.. hmmm.. well here is the thing.. i've been looking into electric fuel pumps, but i dont know which one to get? and where i can find a plate that will close the old mechanical fuel pump hole? or should i just take the old one off and trying putting another set of gaskets on? any hints? thanks for the help in advance.

Billy

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Leaking FP . . .

Leaking oil or gas? If oil, what is the condition of your crankcase venting system, you know, the two hoses coming out of your valve cover? Properly routed and provided with "metered orifice" manifold vacuum (small hose)? :confused:

High mileage engines will have more "blow-by", ie increased crankcase pressure, and if not vented properly, will seek other exits for air/oil mix . . . FP seal, crank seals, to name a couple. :(

·
2,054 Posts
You can remove the mechanical fuel pump, and purchase a new cover plate from Opel GT Source.
Part no. 9041, Fuel Pump Block Off Plate $5.00
Part No. 6017, Gasket, Fuel Pump (2 required), $1.20 each

1 - 4 of 4 Posts