581 - 600 of 623 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #581

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Looks like your on the bell lap....the finish line is in sight.
Great job as usual for a Bob Legere project.

Jeff, I'll have to plan another trip to Florida to see the finished job.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,048 Posts
Bob-
I didn't realize you were building a garage. I am a little disappointed in it though. I mean, concrete and wood? I figured you would have made it out of aluminum and the remains of old rally cars and tig welded the whole place together....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Bob, I'm in need of trailing arms for my GT which is a street car currently on jackstands. Can you help me out? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #587
Hi Bob, I'm in need of trailing arms for my GT which is a street car currently on jackstands. Can you help me out? Thanks
]

I don’t build stock replacement trailing arms, just the heim-jointed performance versions. I am still probably a year away from being able to do that again though.

Best bet would be to contact OGTS or Opels Unlimited for some rust free west coast trailing arms.

·
Super Moderator
13,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #590
Any updates on the shop Mr. Bob?
Nothing here I’m afraid, only on Facebook. I haven’t uploaded photos here since the site changeover.

Basically all I’ve been doing is painting and planning storage.

·
Registered
201 Posts
]

I don’t build stock replacement trailing arms, just the heim-jointed performance versions. I am still probably a year away from being able to do that again though.

Best bet would be to contact OGTS or Opels Unlimited for some rust free west coast trailing arms.
Thanks for your reply. I'll check with OGTS for used ones.

·
Super Moderator
13,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
Some updated shop pics.

D3E2F388-22A7-4087-8D36-BA1533E84837.jpeg

80898753-B90A-4A9A-893E-370D06F7CD8E.jpeg

·
Über Genius
8,763 Posts
I should have you design my new shop.

First step. Win the lottery!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Very impressive Bob!

·
Super Moderator
13,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
I should have you design my new shop.
I probably spent the better part of 3 months designing and redesigning the shop.

Once the general size was established, I made multiple copies of the floor plan, and then armed with a list of my cars/tools/parts/fabrication equipment, I drew in multiple shop layouts until it all worked.

I didn’t necessarily know exactly what I wanted, but I knew what I DIDN’T want from years of compromising.

Hopefully it works out as I well as my planning predicted it will!

·
RunOpel
831 Posts
Wow that is awesome Bob. So when do you start Opel productions??? Looks like you a very close to being fully operational :)

·
Super Moderator
13,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #600
Wow that is awesome Bob. So when do you start Opel productions??? Looks like you a very close to being fully operational :)
Not really that close, IMO. I figure I’m six months away from having the shop set up, since I still need to build the storage lofts and then storage shelving, then move everything into place from 100 miles away.

I’m guessing at least a year away from building stuff for other people. I have projects I need to get done personally that take precedence.

581 - 600 of 623 Posts