Opel GT Forum banner

701 - 720 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I assume you need a yard in front of your shop to be able to drive your car in it, unless of course you have some kind of a 4WD.
:)

·
RunOpel
1,204 Posts
Dang Bob even your vises are like new. That shop is going to be to nice to do any work in :sneaky: or NOT :)
Looking good :)

·
Senior Contributor
4,961 Posts
It looks like they powder coated the ways on the FPU. I like that it has adjustable ways so you can dial out all of the slop.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Coming along very nicely Bob I'm green with envy glad to here your ok after the fall, Shcitt happens some times no matter how safe one tries be. I'm fortunate on the yard work stuff with the kids still at home yard work and dog washings get the buck passed to them LOL

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
I assume you need a yard in front of your shop to be able to drive your car in it, unless of course you have some kind of a 4WD.
:)
The shop is right on the driveway, which is gravel. No need for 4wd except in winter, but I have a 4WD truck with 4 studded Nokian Hakka’s.

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #708
Coming along very nicely Bob I'm green with envy glad to here your ok after the fall, Shcitt happens some times no matter how safe one tries be. I'm fortunate on the yard work stuff with the kids still at home yard work and dog washings get the buck passed to them LOL
Well, I’m clearing the hillside of trees behind the house. All chainsaw work, so I’m doing it myself. Tina and her youngest son (16) are dragging the brush away. It’ll get chipped up later on. Her oldest son (19) is in the marines now, and her middle son passed away in 2018. So that’s it for help!

These are mostly small trees, 2-3” around (hundreds of them!), but so far I’ve also cleared another 10-15 trees which are 6-9” trunk diameter. The little trees are easy to cut, but that crouched positioning for hours on end isn’t easy on the body!

Tiring work, and I’ve already dulled 3 chains since yesterday.

Clearing from the edge of the yard up to the rock wall.

Still have this left to do!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Gotcha some help is better than none for sure I understand the chainsaw deal it does wear on ya I wouldn't give it to my 16 yr old either Sorry for your/Tina's loss. Are you clearing for anything particular or just to open up space?

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #711
Are you clearing for anything particular or just to open up space?
Just getting more light to the back of the house. The stone wall is the back edge of our property. We’re on a little over 10 acres, our front yard is huge! Can’t see the road from the house. In the summer with all the foliage the back of the house felt like it was infringed upon, at least compared to the front.

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #712
https://flic.kr/p/2iUjSnN
Here is the view from the pond looking towards the house and shop. The pond is still 600’ from the road!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Makes perfect sense and will look fantastic when your done Nice piece of property you have do you still pinch your self in the morning when you look out the window LOL

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #714
Put up my dealer Opel sign today (thanks again Gary Farias!), and installed the backlighting.

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
Aside from lumberjacking duties, I’ve been rebuilding and refurbishing my vises.

·
Senior Contributor
1,503 Posts
Aside from lumberjacking duties, I’ve been rebuilding and refurbishing my vises.

View attachment 426477
Wow, Bob,, Very nice Shop indeed,, looks like it was well planned out,,, I think all these year without a shop,, thinking about it so much.. ..too much that you had dreamed this shop design for years,, ( need a two post lift now) Happy to see that your back, doing what you set out to do, makes you Happy..
So when is the Grand Opening?? Do you want or are you going to work on other Members Opels.. If so... can you add me to the list then,, wanted you maybe to Install stock Jetronic EFI system,,on 2.0 motor from All Cape.. I have all the parts, Just asking

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #718
Wow, Bob,, Very nice Shop indeed,, looks like it was well planned out,,, I think all these year without a shop,, thinking about it so much.. ..too much that you had dreamed this shop design for years,, ( need a two post lift now) Happy to see that your back, doing what you set out to do, makes you Happy..
So when is the Grand Opening?? Do you want or are you going to work on other Members Opels.. If so... can you add me to the list then,, wanted you maybe to Install stock Jetronic EFI system,,on 2.0 motor from All Cape.. I have all the parts, Just asking
Mike, no plans to work on people’s cars.

I need to work on my dad’s GT and get a few of my cars together.

I intend to build some parts to sell however. Haven’t really come up with a definitive plan of what parts exactly.

·
RunOpel
1,204 Posts
I concur, a very nice shop and certainly you have had the time to plan for it. I think all the members are just glad to hear you will be building some parts which all of us will potentially benefit from :)

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #720
Some Opel content, for once.

Working on assembling a friend’s 1.9 head. I ported it quite some time ago, but it has sat on a shelf forever.

Now that I have my shop with some spare bench space available, I decided to put it together.

It’s got 1.84” intake valves and 1.50” exhaust valves, Norris double springs, titanium 10 degree retainers, solid lifters, and a Cam Techniques F290-8 camshaft. It is the very last cam I purchased from Cam Techniques before they closed up shop.

Attachments

701 - 720 of 751 Posts