Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, guys, finally wrapped up my winter project. I modified my LENK rear spoiler to now include an LED third brake light. I wanted the GT to be well seen from the rear. (No Excuses!) Started it back in October and the cold weather slowed the fiberglass curing process (That and I was told, under no uncertain terms that I was not fiberglassing in the basement.)

Along with all the other projects I have going on, this one kind of took back burner.

Any way, I picked up a Galant spoiler off ebay and with cost and shipping it was around $50. It was a lot cheaper than picking up just the lense from the parts store. Also, I found out that a lot of the salvage yards in my area are not allowing people to stroll through the yard due to insurance reasons. (Where has this world gone?) I then tried to purchase the lense and was told I'd have to buy the complete spoiler AND rear deck as a package.

Here are two before pictures.

Attachments

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
After

And here are three after pictures. The last picture was taken at 5:30 PM with sun coming in from the right. All that light and you can see how bright the brake lights are.

The third pic is also a great ad for JJ's LED lights. Very Bright if anyone is interested.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts