Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vote for the July Opel of the Month. We have 6 Opels entered in this months contest and the entries are now closed. The winning photo will be featured in the Opel of the Month gallery for a year. View them here:http://opelgt.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/3103

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Entries for July are closed. Voting is limited to the 6 Opels listed. Who will be the top vote getter and earn a place of honor in our gallery?

August Opel of the Month submissions will start the last week of July. (or there abouts) ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
C'mon! With all these members we should have lots more votes - at least check out the great pictures. Then you won't be able to stop yourself from voting. :D

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
i cant vote

I liked them all for different reasons.

I looked several times,but didnt vote. :confused:

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I'm with Dean on this. I like to see the pics and have checked them all out and they are very nice. However to say that Opel # whatever is better than the next goes against my sensibilities. I build and restore cars for just that, I won't put mine out there to be judged, nor will I judge what anybody else has done. No vote here, I'm not going to be a part of saying what somebody did or didn't do is better or worse. Keep them going and the vote is a 10.

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
petrieopel said:
I don't see anything wrong with voting for a car. It's no different than entering a car show. It's done all the time. People put a lot of time, effort and money into their cars and I think they should be rewarded for it.
Trent :)
... and there is always next month. :)

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I feel very honored that eleven fellow Opelers would so appreciate mine that they would vote for it. It doesn't compare with the others in any way except that they all start with the letter "O", the body work isn't quite :rolleyes: as perfect as most, the paint job came out of spray cans, tires and wheels don't match from one side to the other, you gotta climb thru a window to get in or out, it pulls to the left something awful when you try to drive it straight. There is no carpet, the ashtray is gone, no tunes, no lights, no turn signals, no mirrors, and can't be driven in the rain. But boy, it is a driver! The hourmeter says 0009 on it already! That's quite a few laps, a quarter mile at a time. It has been the most fun toy I've ever had, by far, and after the races it is the car in the pits that the crowd comes to look at, an extreme oddity whose presence and performance somehow demands a closer look by the people who are "into it".
Thanks, everybody, for all the help, advice, support, and parts that have made it fifth place in points at the speedway and fifth place in votes for the first "Opel of the month award". :)

·
Opeler
175 Posts
jeff denton said:
I feel very honored that eleven fellow Opelers would so appreciate mine that they would vote for it. It doesn't compare with the others in any way except that they all start with the letter "O", the body work isn't quite :rolleyes: as perfect as most, the paint job came out of spray cans, tires and wheels don't match from one side to the other, you gotta climb thru a window to get in or out, it pulls to the left something awful when you try to drive it straight. There is no carpet, the ashtray is gone, no tunes, no lights, no turn signals, no mirrors, and can't be driven in the rain. But boy, it is a driver! The hourmeter says 0009 on it already! That's quite a few laps, a quarter mile at a time. It has been the most fun toy I've ever had, by far, and after the races it is the car in the pits that the crowd comes to look at, an extreme oddity whose presence and performance somehow demands a closer look by the people who are "into it".
Thanks, everybody, for all the help, advice, support, and parts that have made it fifth place in points at the speedway and fifth place in votes for the first "Opel of the month award". :)

It takes fortitude to fab up an Opel GT racer, leave alone one that you INTENTIONALLY go out and trade paint with; You got my vote Jeff!

Bill B.

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Voting for the July Opel of the Month will end in a couple of hours. If you have not voted yet, you still have time.

We still have a tie for the top vote getter. What should we do if it ends in a tie? ;)

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Congrats Tekenaar. :) I can only see the number of votes on my car, what were the numbers on the rest?

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Thanks Woofs-Opel, but that still didn't work. It only showed the votes for my car, but not anybody else.

Gary, is this because my car was one of the photo's? I'd like to see the breakdown.

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
I logged in as a "guest" and I was able to see the breakdown.
Jeff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.