Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Houston weather today was sunny and 75 with low humidity. Told the wife I was taking the GT out to get gas. After the fill up at the Shell station ( Super premium of course) decided to put the Bon-Jovi tape on and cruise. Hit the freeway and drove into down town Houston ( about 20 miles ) and back. Got alot of attention both ways on the freeway with the young Hispanics and the kids in the rice burners. Drove into the driveway, parked and walked into the house. Wife said from the look on my face that I was in love with my GT more than her but it was OK. At 57 years old, with an understanding wife, a wonderful 6 year old son and a running GT- Life is Good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Finally drove a GT. Yes life is good

I drove to San antonio for thanks giving, then made a quick trip to Arlington to pick up my second Opel. Though I'd never driven one. My first is in the middle of restoration and has a while to go yet. The worst part of the trip was that I had to pull it around on a trailer for a week without being able to touch it. Talk about torture. Any way got back to Tallahassee this past Sunday night, and got the car off the trailer yesterday. I had to switch out the steering column as parts of it were missing. The wiring of corse needs to be rerun, so the switch doesn't control the starter. So I had to just the starter, and without hesitation she fired right up. she's still a little weak, has an oil leak, and smokes a tad. From the look of it it hadn't been started in years. In any case, thank you Bret...... I DROVE A GT.... LIFE IS GOOD.... Though it was only a few hundred feet of driving it. :)

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
:) Thank you, baronbors! Here I thought I was the odd man out for turning 50 and having a 6yr old daughter! At our "age" I think they are much more fun. Now, if I can get my 70GT ready by spring, life WILL be good.
:D
Barry

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
I'm 45, have 7 yr old daughter, 4 yr old son, just bought my first house (with separate 2 car garage/shop!) , a 69 GT w/5-spd, and (2) 74 Sportwagons, LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Doggone Teenagers, and with running GTs to boot. That's O.K. This senior citizen, with 4 daughters, 9 grandkids, and 2 great grandkids will have his GT up and running, hopefully next year, in time for the OMC picnic.

Ron

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
I'm 40 with a 4yr old(almost, 18 days to go) son. Everytime a package arrives from OGTS, he asks if this is for the yellow car. I always smile and say "yup". He loves going for rides in it in our driveway. He likes to "drive" it when it is parked in the barn.

I agree, the older you get, the more fun the kids are.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Actually, you lose the bet, I got married 10 months after I was in the USAF at age 19, but didn't wait to have the girls. Her father was counting the days from wedding to birth of our first:D

And life is indeed good, got back from Yuma, Monday, we had a 4 day dog show, it was a great weekend, 4 different judges, 5 major wins and 4 Best Opposite Sex. For those not in the know, Best Opposite is 1st opposite sex, after the Best of Breed, which in this case was a female (bitch). Not too shabby, now all we need is points to finish two championships, then all our dogs will be AKC champions of record. Ahhh Yes, Life is Good.

Ron

·
1,973 Posts
Im 15, (16 dec.8) 8 degrees this morning with one opel in the shop. life will be good in the spring, warm weather again, drivers liscence, opel finished.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
school art

note the 102 hp..I taught her well

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
30 degrees on a cold michigan morning, snow is gone already. nice quiet december sunset this afternoon, viewed through the windshield of a GT. heater works well now, now that makes out for a good day.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
warm

my" handle'' is stolen from our oldest cat.."bucky"..life is good on top on my monitor..warm..plus he can fantasize about warmer weather and opeling...

snow on the ground today..celeste had to stay in all day.:mad:

Attachments

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
well all is good here in cali the first coat of paint is on the gt today stripe and clear coat goes on tommorow.life is good. and im only 17.

Attachments

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
not to pry

what does a good paint job(w/o body work) cost?

what is wrong with MAACO..they siad they could celseste with a clear coat for about $350

·
Driver
987 Posts
A balmy 64 degrees and sunny here in Austin, TX. Just took my old exhaust manifold off with the garage door open. Even w/soaking with PB Blaster for about two weeks and using an impact, all four of the outer bolts broke off. The inner two came out. Going to put studs in the Sprint, paint it with high heat gray, port the intake mildly and get it back on the road.:)
The paint I got says to "cure" in a non household oven or to run it on the car for an hour, within 8 hours of painting. I'm guessing it stinks pretty bad as to why I can't use a household oven? I'm sure my wife would love that.:D
Aside from that, life is good.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
BBQ

gEORGE..i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM..i WAS PAINTING A BIKE FORK
AND i WANTED TO BAKE IT ON..SO i USED THE OUTDOOR GAS GRILL.."FOOD FOR THOUGHT"

·
Driver
987 Posts
Hmm. I'm a charcoal man.:D To keep my grill at 600 degrees for one hour, well not gonna happen. Did it stick or what?

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
baked on

it worked...but in texas..wouldn't a black parking lot on a july day work as well..how about the six flags lot z999?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts