Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just located an item that I got off ebay a while back. With a funny camera angle and a bit of distortion it looked like it was for a GT. It's not but it is new and momentarily found. Any ideas what it fits?

Attachments

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Manta or Rallye

I ended up with one of those but not new!
Think it is a rear marker light for a Rallye or Manta.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was thinkin manta too but just can't place it. Front maybe?
Didn't the manta have lights in the front bumper?

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok the part #s on it are 3439178, 397852, 397848 and is made by SWF. It is a right side for an opel ______ . You name it it's yours. Oh yea it's for people in the states that have an opel ______ .

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
It looks suspiciously like a rear marker lens for an Ascona. Which might be the same as a Manta. I don't have one of those. Yet.

Please send my prize to:

Keith Wilford
19 Edenwold Crescent N.W.
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
T3A 3T9

What, only in the United States, you say? Pity! :)

Attachments

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I didn't even think about Canada. I should have just told Jim he couldn't play, it's a distance thing.

It's yours

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Distance

I am only half way around the world from your east coast - so it is the same distance either way!

The lens I have came with a box of GT stuff and it is the ONLY part of that other car that I have. If I could find it and someone wanted it then it could be posted surface and would take just 11 to 13 WEEKS to get to over there!

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just messin with you Jim. Besides I know you don't have what it was for. I think there is something lingering about that will make that trip when you get a bit further along anyway.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Kind Thoughts

Thanks for the kind thoughts! I am on Christmas holidays at the moment. The whole country locks down for three weeks and heads off to the beach. I just burn in the sun so have my computer to keep me busy with Opel chat stuff.

Oh - it is summer down here - no snow & lots of sunshine!

My Best Lady was not amused when she found that I had managed to bring two 305 Chevy pistons, a Dodge Neon Eagle H-beam conrod and a set of digital calipers with me to be able to cogitate on Opel engine modifications during the holiday.

Back into the workshop tomorrow:D

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
I just have to say a big "THANKS" to "nobody". I mean, to somebody named "nobody". Oh, you know what I mean!

Sorry I don't know your real name, but thanks for the marker lens. It's TERRIFIC!! If I can ever repay the favour, just let me know

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm glad it got there and hope you have a good use for it. I was wondering if it was lost or you didn't think I was serious and gave me the address to the local police station or something. Now you know why I picked this name. nobody knows, nobody cares, nobody would send parts, nobody listens to me. Ok I'll admit to having a twisted sense of humor. So have a good day in spite of nobody doing what they said they would.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts