Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Linkages for Dual webers.

Last night Opelbits and I (that’s Dr Opelbits now after he tamed the unruly linkage sticking, washerlosing, choke screw moving,,totally incorrectly set by me 32/36 Weber) and I started mocking up the dual 40 Dcoes to put on the new engine. It seems the homemade linkage that came with the car is woefully inadequate as it is missing something…we just aren't sure what.

I started looking at pictures but haven’t found anything that is clear enough to copy for a manta.

What have other people done? I see that pierce has kits but is there some other tried true way that people here use? Or pictures?

Thanks

C

·
Registered
521 Posts
Are you talking about the linkage between the two carbs? I can post a photo of what I use. To give you some more ideas I just posted photos of the linkage from the carb to the gas pedal on the site here. It's crude at this stage but it will show you mechanically what needs to happen. I plan on reworking it and making better brackets as soon as I get my new carbs.

-kyle

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On mine someone has expanded the bronze plate that the spring load screws press up against to open the second carb.

I have a rod with three connectors arms, all of different length a mounting plate with a cam wheel that must mount on the valve cover and run through the middle and home made plastic cable retainer.

But the easiest thing to do is take pictures of what I have and maybe someone can tell me what I am missing or need as I see I have some of the things that Pierce selling in their Opel conversion kits.

Can I use the stock accelerator cable?
c

1 - 3 of 3 Posts